Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
39,371 Posts
What’s best for me, might not suit you. Like holsters, you just have to experiment until you can settle on the method you favor. And the method you come to prefer, might not suit me.:D

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Sound advice from Smokewagon! Does your 856 have a exposed hammer or a bobbed/concealed hammer? I carry a couple of 38 Special guns daily. Primary with a hammer is IWB at 4 o'clock in a Sticky Holster. BUG that has a flush concealed hammer, thus DAO; is in my pocket. YMMV, so experiment and you will soon find what works best for you.

Reactions: Qwiks draw

·
Registered
244 Posts
What works for me is to carry mine in a kydex holster in my front right pocket. That may not be to your liking. There's a lot of ways to carry it. In the winter I'll have the 856 in my right front pocket and my 605 just riding in my offhand jacket pocket. Which is also something that may be to your liking. How do you normally carry, or do you normally carry?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I tend to prefer pocket carry in a holster for the 856 and speed strips. I wonder if pocket carrying an 85 is noticeably easier due to a smaller cylinder. I have also carried owb at 4 o’clock with an untucked shirt. For me I think the 856 might be uncomfortable for iwb.

·
Registered
29,845 Posts
A lot depends on where you live, you bodies build, range of motion and life style.

As Clint Smith said, "concealed handguns are comforting not comfortable"" So one has to dress around the gun and be able to access it in a hurry should the need arise.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts