Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A little background first. I'm VERY old, have a bad lower back from an accident years ago and VERY overweight. I just started concealed carry about a year and a half ago. I'm having trouble finding an option that doesn't pull my pants down or kill my back. I have a couple good belts, a KORE and a GROOVE LIFE but still have the problem. My preferred carry is a 605 or 856 but also carry a Micro 9 or a M&P2.0 4". Living in central Arizona doesn't leave a lot of options for concealed carry so I do IWB. I have changed from a single clip type holster to a wider spread double hook and that helps but still could be a lot better. So, what would be a good suggestion on a better setup?
Thanks
Keith

·
Registered
394 Posts
A 605 or 856 should slide easily into your front right pocket with a good pocket holster. That's how I carry. I'd suggest a kydex holster from Alabama Holster or AHolster.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A 605 or 856 should slide easily into your front right pocket with a good pocket holster. That's how I carry. I'd suggest a kydex holster from Alabama Holster or AHolster.
Thanks for the reply. That's kinda what I've been rolling around in my head. I have a couple sticky type holsters just haven't really tried them yet. I'll give that a try, can't be any worse.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I carry a Glock 43 x appendix carry as my primary ccw. I also carry a ruger lc9s in pocket holster in winter months some when I have bulky clothes on when I can't quickly access my Glockn 43 x. I'm gonna shoot my Taurus gx4 next weekend and after training with it I'm gonna replace my ruger.

Talk to some of your friends and see if they will let you try some of theirs in your pocket with appropriate holster or find lgs and go talk with them and see what they have.

·
Super Moderator
39,243 Posts
I have a micro 9 also and they are a good pocket carry option also. Suspenders are a good suggestion also and one I've considered.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for all the replies. I might have to make the micro 9 my EDC because I like the pocket idea, Love my wheel guns, always have I still have a model 10 I've had for over 30 years, but the 9 is a lot lighter.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
A little background first. I'm VERY old, have a bad lower back from an accident years ago and VERY overweight. I just started concealed carry about a year and a half ago. I'm having trouble finding an option that doesn't pull my pants down or kill my back. I have a couple good belts, a KORE and a GROOVE LIFE but still have the problem. My preferred carry is a 605 or 856 but also carry a Micro 9 or a M&P2.0 4". Living in central Arizona doesn't leave a lot of options for concealed carry so I do IWB. I have changed from a single clip type holster to a wider spread double hook and that helps but still could be a lot better. So, what would be a good suggestion on a better setup?
Thanks
Keith
I'll second using your double clip holster and add a pair of suspenders.
Another option might be a concealed carry vest with an inside breast pocket for the gun. I use one a lot.

·
Registered
28,643 Posts
One obvious answer is suspenders...
Not sure what AZ has to do with anything. Is it legal issues or temperature that concerns you?

·
Registered
283 Posts
My new favorite EDC is my little Smith & Wesson M&P Shield .380. Love that little thing. Has a frame safety, firm trigger pull (nothing accidental here), pretty decent accuracy. Not the most comfy for a long shoot at the range but I have enough confidence in it to carry it. Way easier than either my Taurus G2S or G3C. Though recoil is pretty "sharp" compared to the larger/heavier 9mm ones

·
Registered
28,643 Posts
Summer temperatures
Well, that eliminates a belly band (which can be quite nice in colder climes).
A year or so ago, I started carrying a murse. And if anybody wants to make fun of it, I hit 'em with it. That PT-1911 puts quite a dent in their forehead!
(Since you don't know me, let me point out that the last part is a joke, but the murse is real.)

·
Registered
283 Posts
I actually like the belly band in the warm weather. Makes the carry so much easier to simply slip it under a T-Shirt and go

·
Super Moderator
39,243 Posts
I actually like the belly band in the warm weather. Makes the carry so much easier to simply slip it under a T-Shirt and go
I was looking for the link you posted before.

Reactions: Keith99

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well think I've solved it for the time being. Dug out a sticky type holster and stuck the Micro 9 in my front pocket then went and did the wondering around we needed to do. Seems to work for now.

·
Super Moderator
39,243 Posts
Well think I've solved it for the time being. Dug out a sticky type holster and stuck the Micro 9 in my front pocket then went and did the wondering around we needed to do. Seems to work for now.
I love my Micro 9 and have an Alien Gear IWB holster for it. It's lighter weight doesn't want to "pants" me as much.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts