Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always been a wheel-gun guy, but have been looking into semi-auto for carry. The PT145 seems to be a good buy, from what I've heard after Taurus fixed the frame problems, and is the caliber that I want to carry.

I'm 6'1" and always wear a suit coat, so size isn't as big of a deal as it is for most, but still important.

Any good suggestions?

Thanks!

·
Administrator
40,684 Posts
I'm 6'2" and carry a PT145. Don't leave home without it. Works for me. :thumb:

·
Registered
33 Posts
I use a belt slide holster (behind the hip bone). I carry a PT-92, works for me.
Like Smokewagon i'm 6'2". And sometimes I use a shoulder holster.
GOOD LUCK

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Smokewagon said:
I'm 6'2" and carry a PT145. Don't leave home without it. Works for me. :thumb:
Another vote for the PT-145. I appreciate the help--guess that's the way I'll go.
PT-92 looks like a good gun, but I'm not too keen on 9mm--rather stick with the 38's that I'm comfortable with.

Smokewagon, what kind of holster do you use regularly?

·
Registered
33 Posts
tcv0825
Sorry dude I miss read your post. I thought you were asking about holsters for a PT-145.

·
Administrator
40,684 Posts
tcv0825 said:
Another vote for the PT-145. I appreciate the help--guess that's the way I'll go.
PT-92 looks like a good gun, but I'm not too keen on 9mm--rather stick with the 38's that I'm comfortable with.

Smokewagon, what kind of holster do you use regularly?
For several months now I've been using a DeSantis model 28 IWB. Been very comfortable. If you carry IWB I think you will find that a cant to the holster is very important for concealability and comfort. :thumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.