Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does your place on employment require you to tuck your shirt in?
Do they provide you with company shirts with looong tails?
Do you have to walk through customer infested areas?
Do I have an idea for you. An OWB camera bag. I know you’ve heard it before, but keep reading.

Yes I’ve seen the Sneaky Pete but it leaves me with two big issues.
First you wonder what’s inside. I for one don’t want people to ask me what’s inside.
Second and it’s a biggie, those letters on the side. ‘SN’ Is that your initials? Is that the name of the product inside? I would prefer no lettering at all.

So off to the local Wally World with a paper template of my PT111. No luck. But at the computer store bingo.
Ape Case AC220 $12.99

Perfect for those of us who have to walk through customer infested rooms. Sometimes I wear it on my belt. Sometimes I carry it in the same hand as my lunch bag. I can leave it under my coat or in my lunch bag or even next to my toolbox and no one gives it a second look. Have a look.
Bag Product Luggage and bags Fashion accessory Baggage

It looks bland. It looks boring. It looks like maybe a camera. It’s inconspicuous. Try that with a Sneaky Pete. I’m not trying to slam SP. I’ll give it to them on beauty and maybe longevity. If you have to wear a tie the Ape Case is bound to clash. But if you work for a living (cough) this might be a better and lower cost alternative.

Cameras & optics Waist Trunk Camera Bag

Is he or isn’t he? Only his gunsmith knows for sure. For all they know it’s a piece of test equipment.
It rides well and is not really in the way all that much while walking. In the car it falls in between the seatbelt clip and my side and does not interfere with belting in. That was a big surprise.
My son said it best yesterday when I first got home. Is that your gun or a camera? He knows I carry to work but wasn’t sure which it was. I venture to say most of the public will think camera.
But how does the gun fit inside? Take look.

Bag Fashion accessory Luggage and bags

The best word I can think of is perfect. My PT111 does not rotate at all. If you shake it you can feel slight side to side movement. Maybe a quarter inch tops. But vertically it’s snug, which means it doesn’t have any room to begin the rotation.

Bag Black Fashion accessory Material property Luggage and bags

If you want to go full on Armageddon the front pouch has plenty of room for two additional 12 round mags. Pus there’s one more zippered area. Perfect for us men over 50. Aspirin and tums. But if you chose to put more than those two emergency necessities you risk turning it into a purs… I mean man bag. And we all know where that leads. Pink guns and eco bullets.
Durability? Well there’s the only fly in the ointment. The worst or should I say cheapest part of the construction appears to be where they sew the belt strap on. It just doesn’t look like it will last ten years. Two maybe? Depending on how you use and abuse it. It is double stitched but there are no rivets. But hey it’s $12.99 shipped to your door through Fleabay. Or the same plus tax at your local computer store.
Will you wear it at your daughters wedding? No but then my daughter eloped in Japan. Don’t get me started. But for the working man it fits right in for most duties. Plus at such a low price it will at least give you an idea of whether you really want to spend the big bucks for the professional version.

·
Registered
155 Posts
For a gun that small, it would also be very easy to conceal it with a tuckable IWB holster like a Crossbreed or a White Hat holster. I just couldn't see myself hanging a giant bag off my belt like that haha.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Thanks for sharing your ideas and photos for an alternative way to conceal carry.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Looks like it could be a good alternative for someone who already wears a utility belt or toolbelt. Repair/service guys who go to homes etc. Would fit in on the toolbelt very inconspicuously.

Reactions: TexasAviator

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
I don't know looks to similar to a fanny pack for my taste. Also the company I work for its forbidden to carry at work and they do a bag and pocket check on you before you leave. So I have to leave my carry piece in the truck. Just for this job not the other my other the carry piece is part of my job.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I don't know looks to similar to a fanny pack for my taste. Also the company I work for its forbidden to carry at work and they do a bag and pocket check on you before you leave. So I have to leave my carry piece in the truck. Just for this job not the other my other the carry piece is part of my job.
Wow, what a communist company. What is your other job?

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For a gun that small, it would also be very easy to conceal it with a tuckable IWB holster like a Crossbreed or a White Hat holster.
But some of the shirts we get have tails that drop below our own tail.
And in the summer the shirts we have are polo type (no buttons). So in either case it's hard to get at anything inside.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Does your place on employment require you to tuck your shirt in?
Do they provide you with company shirts with looong tails?
Do you have to walk through customer infested areas?
Do I have an idea for you. An OWB camera bag. I know you’ve heard it before, but keep reading.

Yes I’ve seen the Sneaky Pete but it leaves me with two big issues.
First you wonder what’s inside. I for one don’t want people to ask me what’s inside.
Second and it’s a biggie, those letters on the side. ‘SN’ Is that your initials? Is that the name of the product inside? I would prefer no lettering at all.

So off to the local Wally World with a paper template of my PT111. No luck. But at the computer store bingo.
Ape Case AC220 $12.99

Perfect for those of us who have to walk through customer infested rooms. Sometimes I wear it on my belt. Sometimes I carry it in the same hand as my lunch bag. I can leave it under my coat or in my lunch bag or even next to my toolbox and no one gives it a second look. Have a look.
View attachment 53719
It looks bland. It looks boring. It looks like maybe a camera. It’s inconspicuous. Try that with a Sneaky Pete. I’m not trying to slam SP. I’ll give it to them on beauty and maybe longevity. If you have to wear a tie the Ape Case is bound to clash. But if you work for a living (cough) this might be a better and lower cost alternative.

View attachment 53720
Is he or isn’t he? Only his gunsmith knows for sure. For all they know it’s a piece of test equipment.
It rides well and is not really in the way all that much while walking. In the car it falls in between the seatbelt clip and my side and does not interfere with belting in. That was a big surprise.
My son said it best yesterday when I first got home. Is that your gun or a camera? He knows I carry to work but wasn’t sure which it was. I venture to say most of the public will think camera.
But how does the gun fit inside? Take look.

View attachment 53721

The best word I can think of is perfect. My PT111 does not rotate at all. If you shake it you can feel slight side to side movement. Maybe a quarter inch tops. But vertically it’s snug, which means it doesn’t have any room to begin the rotation.

View attachment 53722

If you want to go full on Armageddon the front pouch has plenty of room for two additional 12 round mags. Pus there’s one more zippered area. Perfect for us men over 50. Aspirin and tums. But if you chose to put more than those two emergency necessities you risk turning it into a purs… I mean man bag. And we all know where that leads. Pink guns and eco bullets.
Durability? Well there’s the only fly in the ointment. The worst or should I say cheapest part of the construction appears to be where they sew the belt strap on. It just doesn’t look like it will last ten years. Two maybe? Depending on how you use and abuse it. It is double stitched but there are no rivets. But hey it’s $12.99 shipped to your door through Fleabay. Or the same plus tax at your local computer store.
Will you wear it at your daughters wedding? No but then my daughter eloped in Japan. Don’t get me started. But for the working man it fits right in for most duties. Plus at such a low price it will at least give you an idea of whether you really want to spend the big bucks for the professional version.
This reminds me of a pitch you'd hear on that TV show Shark Tank...lol

on another note, my current job also refuses to let anyone carry inside the building. We even had an IT guy that mistakenly brought his inside in a gym bag and while changing at lunch to go work out somebody saw it, reported it, and he was walked out within the hour by local PD. I just turned in my notice so this is not something I'll have to worry about after next Friday.

Back on topic, this was mentioned before and I'll say it again, it's a little too fanny pack for my taste, but I'm sure it would work well for others.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I don't know, it might just be me, but before I'd wear something like that I'd find another job or leave my gun at home...

Fatboy

·
Registered
507 Posts
Thanks for the heads up on this carry method! I carry on my belt all day in the summer because of the heat but at the end of the day my gun has to be blown off with an air hose after 50 miles on an ATV ! This may help keeping it sorta clean!!!!!! However I don't know if a judge size wouldn't look like a back pack on your belt! HaHa, my 709 might fit just right though? I will look at the Wally store next visit.

·
Registered
428 Posts
It does look like a fannypack for sure, and i wont do a fanny nothing, even with a weapon in it. I also would just leave
the gun in my auto. I cant imagine the postal service allowing a ccw. And if i was lucky to have that job, the gun would surely
stay in the car...............boy thats scarry..........no gun and someone goes postal!!!hmmmmmm, let me re- think this one

1 - 12 of 12 Posts