Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone from GA or FL have any advice, in TN as long as i have my permit i am good to go, i know that both of those two states have reciprocity with TN, i just wanted to know if they have any laws specific to that state i need to be aware of, like do you have to present your card with your DL if you are pulled over. Is it ok to carry the gun loaded and on your person, or does it have to be in some kind of case while traveling, so on and so forth.

·
Registered
29,948 Posts
In Florida you don't have to present your gun license to an LEO unless they ask for it and yes you carry loaded on your person...hence the license to do so...

·
Registered
6,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, thought i would ask, some places have some really strange laws concerning guns in cars.
Better safe then sorry

·
Premium Member
8,350 Posts
Where are you headed in Florida? It's a BIG state. (Fact)- If you depart Key West and drive to Pensacola, only Texas wins the "longest in-state route" contest, and only by a very few miles.

Check it out;

Rand McNally Driving Directions and Maps

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Georgia has no duty to inform. It's purely your call. Law does not care OC or CC. Very few restricted places. Signs don't carry weight, but we generally do not reward businesses that oppose our rights by spending money there.

Reactions: daytonaredeye

·
Registered
6,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the reply's that was what i needed, basically to make sure it was like TN, OC or CC with permit, and nothing to see here move along

As for where, going to Orlando area, been to that area several times, between going for several vacation cruises and going for FL vacation twice

TN isnt to far behind FL in distance from longest tip to longest tip, your about 30 miles more

·
Premium Member
3,396 Posts
basically to make sure it was like TN, OC or CC with permit
Basically, there is no OC in Florida...... There are a couple exceptions but for someone on vacation it's safe to figure no OC. There may also be differences in where you can carry concealed between Florida and where you live. You are responsible for knowing the difference and it can be a mistake to just accept what is posted on any gun forum without checking it out yourself.

Google Florida Concealed Carry Laws......

Have a great vacation! If you want a good seafood restaurant try High Tide Harry's on Semoran. Ask for Kelly, best server in the place!

Don
Don

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Check out Handgunlaw.us

Very informative site and is kept up to date. The guy who runs it used to post here when he made changes, but I haven't seen him in a while.

·
Super Moderator
19,941 Posts
To ECHO above - good to go OC or CC in Ga but hide that thing at the Ga/Fla border. CC only in Fla.

Let us know how it goes with a travel experience post later.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
just got back from a very uneventful trip to Disney World. I opted not to CC in the parks, but other than that, the "Gunshine State" was peachy :)

·
Super Moderator
19,941 Posts
Oh, I think DISNEY WORLD would be too tempting to carry in there. Too many rip off rides, meals, etc. Long lines in hot humid weather . . . .,:D

We gave each of our kids their allotted DW trip and declared that need fulfilled!

We live only 30-45 min from Six Flags over Ga. That wore us out too when kids were growing up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts