Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the carry class for my state on Saturday, shot pretty well with my PT. 50 rounds of no sights, right hand only, left hand only, regular two hand and behind cover at varying distances. On top of that the instructor would load the spare mags for you and randomly put in dummy rounds to deal with stoppages. There was only one guy with a tighter group than mine :cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
How much law did they teach you? That's more important.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
While I agree, being able to shoot is paramount as well. I think it's one of those chicken or egg coming first things. Knowledge of the law is just as if not more important than being able to put rounds on target. Both require constant upkeep and continued vigilance in order to stay "above water".

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Agree'd while you shouldn't skimp on knowing HOW to shoot it's most important to know "when" to shoot.

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
Nice start.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We spent all day in the classroom and then did the shoot, sorry I didn't take more pictures of the classroom I know that would be pretty exciting. Just thought that considering this is a Taurus 1911 forum that the gun did better than the poly shooters...tough crowd

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Nice grouping! Glad to hear that you took the class as well. Isn't is just something wonderful when you know that your carry piece is one that you can depend on to get the job done? BTW, your thread is a nice retort to the Taurus bashers that have been mentioned around here lately!

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
We spent all day in the classroom and then did the shoot, sorry I didn't take more pictures of the classroom I know that would be pretty exciting. Just thought that considering this is a Taurus 1911 forum that the gun did better than the poly shooters...tough crowd
I apologize, I definitely should have mentioned that that was some impressive shooting! A pt1911 is a very useful tool in the right hands, I skipped the portion of accuracy because you obviously have it.

You have the tools to accurately shoot in a perfect setting, the legal side, the rush of conflict, the adrenaline dump...knowing the law all are part of a shoot. Now will I worry about the law if mine or or myself or threatened, absolutely not, I will pull the trigger over and over again until the threat is gone (ie not breathing and bleeding excessively). Then all I will say is "it was self defense and I'd like to speak to a lawyer before I say anything else".

I'm glad and happy for you that you shot well and that you got good classroom knowledge of the law, both are equally important.

Stay SAFE.

·
Registered
561 Posts
A PT1911 doesn't take a back seat to any one. Nicely done.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone. I guess I don't know about all states, just figured the classroom/law portion was the majority of time spent (and I agree it should be). Well now I'm off to the sheriff for the application/background, won't be a problem ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts