Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9,171 Posts
The man was definitely a legend in auto racing, but i dare to call him an American Icon. He'll definitely be missed by anyone who has ever had the honor to ride in a vehicle bearing his name.

Reactions: gbusmech

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
May he rest in peace.... car mans - man!!

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I always wished I could get a Shelby Mustang.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
The end of a legend.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
The automotive world has lost a legend and great man. RIP

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
Just got through reading that on the news. I had the pleasure of owning a Shelby Cobra.
He was a legend, from Texas.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
One of my heros! I've always wanted a Cobra roadster.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
One of my heros! I've always wanted a Cobra roadster.
Amen to that. My dream car: 427 SC, blue with white stripes....

1 USA & Cross.gif

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
i have always dreamed and he is an icon of our automotive industry, he will be sorley missed, his chili mix is good as well

·
Registered
561 Posts
The Legend is gone.

Carol Shelby has died what a legend.

·
Super Moderator
36,042 Posts
I saw my first Shelby Mustang in 1968 at the Wieboldt's department store near here on display and dreamed about that car for months.

The Shelby Cobra is probably the first car I'd go looking for if I hit the MegaMillions lottery.

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
289 Posts
R.I.P. to a great man, who thought outside the box. Always with the "what if I did this?" Transformed the muscle car industry. Having worked on a couple of the worlds rarest Cobras leaves me with a heavy heart. R.I.P. Carroll.

Reactions: MilProGuy

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
There never will be anyone to "take his place". Mr. Carroll Shelby was, indeed, one of a kind.

Reactions: Oryguner

·
Administrator
17,818 Posts
Have had a few Ford Mustangs and hope to get another one soon. No Shelby Mustang's though.

Have always had a deep admiration for the accomplishments of Carroll Shelby. His Company did performance work on other Cars as well.

RIP, Carroll Shelby!

·
Registered
7,681 Posts
I actually owned a 1967 GT 500 Shelby Mustang. I bought it from a dealer in Little Creek, Va. in 1969 when he first got it on his lot. It had been wrecked and was headed for the scrap yard but he had the title and he sold it to me for about a grand more than he could get from the scrap dealer. It took me about 2 &1/2 years to get it back into good running condition and another year to get it looking like it did when new. Finding parts was impossible so much of the damaged sheet metal had to be refabricated. Some of the engine parts had been stolen like the valve covers, air cleaner and carbs. but I was able to get them from a collector in Va. This was one beast of a pony car and about 15 months after I had completed it's restoration I got T-Boned on the drivers side in Danville Va. and this time the damage was too much to consider fixing. When I recovered from the broken leg, broken arm and shoulder I sold it for parts. Thats was the last of my dealing with cars that cost more to repair than insurance will cover but I had several back then but the Shelby was my favorite.

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
I'll bet that's going to be one hellacious funeral procession. R.I.P., C.S.

·
Registered
10,779 Posts
Shelby was a man driven to produce what the manufacturer's were afraid to. His timing was perfect, and his ideas were, after proving themselves in the old AC Cobras, adopted by Ford, and then Chrysler. Perhaps there will be others like Shelby, but there will NEVER be another Carroll Shelby. Like Elvis, he has left the building. May he RIP.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts