Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
28,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed a problem beginning...
I'm seeing wear on the car seat from the butt of my carry gun. Car is about 9 months old.
24/7 in Blackhawk Serpa.
I am comfortable with the gun in all other ways. But it seems I'm going to have to accept some expensive wear on the car or change something in how (or what) I carry...
Hmmm... where did I put that thinking cap?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Duct Tape. :)

·
Registered
428 Posts
Get a cheap indian look blanket and toss over the seat........will keep seat area in good shape for when you sell car, and it wont hurt
your weapon of choice. I have done it a few times when i carry on quick runs, otherwise the weapon stays under the arm rest between the
seats while i go on longer routes.
My 2 cents

Reactions: rifleshooter

·
Registered
428 Posts
Madkaw.........is that avatar picture from killer clowns from outer space??

noticed a problem beginning...
I'm seeing wear on the car seat from the butt of my carry gun. Car is about 9 months old.
24/7 in blackhawk serpa.
I am comfortable with the gun in all other ways. But it seems i'm going to have to accept some expensive wear on the car or change something in how (or what) i carry...
Hmmm... Where did i put that thinking cap?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Madkaw.........is that avatar picture from killer clowns from outer space??

I haven't seen that movie in FOREVER!! And I believe that is correct. Lol

·
Registered
28,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
28,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Get a cheap indian look blanket and toss over the seat........will keep seat area in good shape for when you sell car, and it wont hurt
your weapon of choice. I have done it a few times when i carry on quick runs, otherwise the weapon stays under the arm rest between the
seats while i go on longer routes.
My 2 cents
Not a bad idea, I was not looking forward to changing my carry, but I can't afford to ruin the seats in the car.
I'm going to look into it.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
How about pulling the gun out of your holster and placing under a towel on the seat next to you? Leaving the holster in place.
Then saddle up before exiting.

Weird things do happen. Is it the gun or some part of the holster causing the damage?

·
Registered
428 Posts
i bought the damn thing when it came out on cd..my wife leaves the room when i start playing it.....man, if i had know this years ago??!!!......just kidding.
the worse the 'MONSTER' are the more i love em........godzilla -vs-mothra and the like.....great fun for a moron like me........when the security officer says 'WHAT YOU GOING
TO DO WITH THOSE PIES BOYS"..........ACADEMY AWARD TIME:)

I haven't seen that movie in FOREVER!! And I believe that is correct. Lol

Reactions: MadKaw

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I put it in a holster in the door panel while behind the wheel (it is great for access too) and put it back in IWB holster before leaving vehicle.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
oopsy?

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
The seat cover idea is probably the simplest and will protect all your seats from everything, but if the seat cover idea does not suit your needs you can just buy a 1'X1' piece of pleather/ naugahyde (oh the poor nauga's!) and place it between your holster and the seat when you sit down.

·
Registered
6,735 Posts
The obvious solution is trade in the car and buy a motorcycle and a 1980's 4x4 truck, one you wont damage and the other you won't care.

·
Registered
265 Posts
If the butt is wearing a hole in seat cover chances are you can't get to it when seated. I think best solution is relocate gun so it can be utilized when seated, then go back into your normal carry mode.
Another option is a seat cover of some kind, maybe like the wooly fake sheepskin or whatever is simple and strikes your fancy. I drive an old 68 chevelle that has driver side wear on upright section of bench seat...put a seat cover on that looked like Indian blanket ( got it at Pep-Boy's )...snugged it in place and problem solved. With stuff like this try and find easy solutions to simple problems, don't jump to ...I must get a new car/new gun /new holster/ new car seats... as a solution. I guess clear duct tape is out but it is the first option that popped into my and Sabretooth's heads. you can tell or ages by our fixes ..WD40 and duct tape.

Gary

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Get some $20 seat covers from Wally World.
The problem with $20 seat covers from Wally World is that they LOOK like $20 seat covers from Wally World!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts