Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Montgomery car break-in ends with shooting - WSFA 12 News Montgomery, AL |
I will say this to all those who may feel it isnt worth someones life or are anti-guns.......If I catch someone breaking into my freezer or refrigirator because you are hungry, I will be the first person to feed you until you pop and then I will continue to help you until you get on your feet. But if you are breaking into someones property, you are playing with your life. People work too hard these days for you to come along and steal it!

·
Registered
591 Posts
i like to help people but stealing or breaking in crosses the line, shoot to kill ask questions later, they dont ask first, bring back hanging

Defend your rights and property.
WELL SAID

Reactions: aquajim

·
Registered
548 Posts

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Only one story to sort through with the perp coming to room temperature.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
"Reaping and sowing..."

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
Ask me for help, I won't defend. Rob me, I'll decide on the situation! I frickin hate thieves with a pashion.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I had a situations last week concerning a vehicle break in. The BG smashed the passenger side window and stole a elderly ladies purse which contained her life savings{ at least that's what she said}There were several SO's within 150 yards of the incident and never heard or saw a thing. Thieves are good at what they do and sometimes they get caught and sometimes they get killed. Personally, I would have to be confronted by either multiple BG's or see a weapon{ gun, knife}before I used lethal force. IMO

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
The problem is you may never see the weapon before it is used. I can only assume bad intintions. I will side on my life.

·
Registered
10,779 Posts
The presence of a weapon is not something always advertised. Should a thief gain entrance to your vehicle, or home, via breaking and entering, one can safely assume that they didn't do so by osmosis through the nearest wall. As for the weapon present, or multiple BGs, that's very nice. However, an elderly woman may not be capable of repelling such an assault on her best day. Disparity of force is a recognized term in judicial matters.

Thieves have also been listening to the useless mantra of "it's not worth a life" as promoted by fools. Yes, I have insurance, but most WILL NOT just walk up to you and replace your losses. Depreciation, condition, and a plethora of other little mitigating factors lie between what you lost, and what they will pay for. So, that's the first lie. The thieves WANT me to believe that, as it makes their job safer.

The fact that the police catch the thief also means very little. Rarely can you get your property back, as it now becomes evidence for the upcoming, in the not very near future, trial. Then, the system has to actually decide that the man or woman that you watched perpetrate a crime against you, is really guilty. Of course, even that won't guarantee that the perp will actually be punished. Nor will it guarantee that his/her friends won't be visiting you, or attempting to convince you that testifying isn't going to be painful for both you, and your family.

After all of this, the individual will usually be sentenced, and then almost immediately, placed on probation. After all, you bought the object(s), you paid for the insurance, so you got them back from the insurance company (sort of), and that, somehow, mitigates the breaking of the law.

Myself, I'm all about exacting some punishment prior to initiating this circus. They won't have to expend as many man-hours looking for the perp if they are found, unconscious, at the scene. Nor will there be a lengthy trial if they are dead. Threaten me, or mine, verbally or physically, and your right to do so will come to a very loud end. After all, if I shouldn't do anything with a law-breaker, as it's not worth a life, neither should that law-breaker have the ability to threaten me, or mine. It's certainly not worth our lives.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
No, my stuff isn't worth anyone's life. But let them think that over while I stick with my Florida Castle Doctrine. I kind of miss the Brady people's billboard -

Welcome to the Gunshine State!!!

No mind your manners... ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts