·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reactions: ozzy

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Too bad only one of the BG's were dispatched. Now the tax payers will have to foot the bill for the other two.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Good story.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Good guys 1....Bad guys 0!!!

Justice served!!

·
Administrator
40,090 Posts
"A Canton man was killed after a family fights back during a home invasion Saturday night. Now, the man's two accomplices are facing murder charges not the man who killed the suspect."

As it should be.

·
Registered
32,083 Posts
And no gun committed the murder, only a lowly knife, outlaw all knives, chew your meat off the dead carcasses of fish, hogs and cattle....put the butchers out of business!:)

I sure wouldn't like the solution of prevention of rape! :D

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
More crap flushed out of society!

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
I grew up in Canton in the mid-1960s to late 1970s. It was a good town back then, but has gone down the crapper.

Reactions: ozzy

·
Registered
848 Posts
I just love a story with a happy ending.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
I grew up in Canton in the mid-1960s to late 1970s. It was a good town back then, but has gone down the crapper.
Same in my sitution.

I grew up in Memphis, but man, has it ever gone down since I moved to Mississippi in 1974!

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
This is a very happy ending that could have ended much worse for the family. Of course the BGs family would not understand how their ill treated kin could do anything wrong. These parents are lucky to have the kids that they have who are not afraid to do whatever it takes to protect their own family. Maybe one day the felons will wake up and realize that not everyone is this country are cattle that are to be taken as desired.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Speaking of citys going down the toilit. I lived on the west side of Youngstown growing up. Pretty decent neighborhood. Meaning I could leave at 7am and ride my bike around all day and have no problems.. I took my wife and child to Mill Creak Park acouple summers ago and we drove past my old house.. MY GOD! how the neigborhood has changed. I do belive I seen a hooker walking down the road. My old house which took a painstaking week to paint was dilapadated and had spraypaint all over it. a year later someone burned it to the ground. It was one of the nicer houses on the block too..
While diving through my wife said "take my back to Jackson twp." lol a compleatly privilaged girl comment.

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
After some thought, I feel like my first post trashed my old home town, and I shouldn't have done that. Canton was a wonderful town when I was there. It had over 110,000 people, malls, colleges and schools, the Football HOF, two malls, good parks, recreation, museums, etc. It was safe, I could walk several blocks at night to get something at a store and not worry about being mugged. It is just unfortunate that a lot of the large companies, manufacturers, etc, closed and left. Now there are around 90,000 people there, schools are closing, Drugs, gangs, and crime is rampant. This has happened in many cities in the rust belt. No fault of those towns, other than they need to adjust and diversify.

When I left in 1978, I planned to come back. But life happened, and plans changed.

·
10,379 Posts
Great story, great outcome always good when people stand up for their own. The comments are atrocious however (oh the poor guy, if only all you evil white people would have supported him more!).

However, I'm waiting for dbeardslee to come screaming in though<g>...two articles posted today with blatantly misspelled words should get him in a high dudgeon (I think I'm going to need a longer stick if I'm going to be poking the bears today<g>).

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
I know that college tuition is on the rise but this is ridiculous. Sorry the victims had to deal with this and the perpetrators families loss of their child.

·
Registered
29,933 Posts
It's not just Canton, Ohio.

2011 saw a upsurge in home invasions nationwide.

We had 6 alone in my county here in Florida.

All ended well cuz...we're the "GunShine" state that set the national standard for the "Castle Doctrine"

In Florida it doesn't just apply in your home, but in your car and on the street.

Our legislature says, "Law abiding Floridians have a right to defend themselves where they stand".

·
Registered
612 Posts
same for ohio me thinks.. and it extends to your immdiate familys house n car.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts