Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
4,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brought the AR with the bump-stock to the range this week on our regular range day. First time my wife saw it in action.

Shot it just before we left. Range was fairly quiet, but everyone came to see what the hell I was shooting.

My R.O. buddy, Dave, came over after the first few mags and said: "Jim, you are gonna have to get a second job if you plan on shooting like that very often"

Had my wife take a video on my phone. She commented that she never saw me smile so much. Yeah, hard not to smile when you shoot that damn thing. It is just plain fun.

Went through about 300 rounds of ammo. I would guess that it was ten, maybe fifteen minutes at most. Yeah, quite expensive.

Still haven't mastered the technique of the stock. But the front vertical-grip definitely makes it better. First time I didn't have that.

Problem is, the damn thing is so much fun, you just want to try to empty a full mag, or come as close to that as possible. You kind of forget that you're trying to master "control".

BTW..........I have twelve P-Mags, but have not yet used ANY of them. I'm still playing with the stock ones, and the cheap ones I bought from CTD. So far they work flawlessly. Only problem I've had is with the ones that are clamped together. The full auto makes the first round of the secondary mag slide forward, so you have to reset it before you move it into place. Two mags clamped together is probably not a good idea for that reason when shooting full auto, so I'll probably un-clamp the ones I have here.

Anyway, what I was getting at, was how much fun that SSAR-15 stock is. When I shot it the first time, and we took video, you could see the smile on my face. When I shot it again this week, my wife said the same thing.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
All I can afford is .22 rim-fire if I was to do that much shooting.....
But I'm glad you can and that you enjoyed it so much....

1.1 USA.gif

·
Registered
32,089 Posts
I love your toys!

·
Super Moderator
40,578 Posts
I have seen many video's on the bump stock, it looks like it would be a blast. Glad I don't own an AR, and local range is no full auto including bump stock so i would not be able to use it any way. As far as ammo cost goes, start reloading that .223 your gonna need them. :D

·
Banned
4,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have "good" ammo, but so far, all I have been shooting is that TulAmmo stuff. Still have an unopened pkg of 500 rounds.

No problems at all with that stuff, even running full-auto. I guess I'll definitely buy more.

Been trying to stock up on everything.........New Lake City stuff; Some once-fired ammo from CTD; etc.

For the bump stock, once you get into "play" mode (which happens before you realize it), why not just shoot the Russian stuff? It works good for me.

My biggest problem, is that I pooh-poohed the idea of ever owning an AR-15. Now I got two of the damn things, and LOVING IT !

If I had only known this a few years ago, I would have stock-piled that ammo, along with the rest iof the stuff that I stock-piled

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
That sounds like wayyy too much fun!! Not sure if I need to thankful that the ranges here in Fort Worth do not allow rapid firing and certainly don't allow the bump fire stocks. Its still awfully tempting to buy one as well.

·
Administrator
18,052 Posts
Glad you are enjoying your Slide Fire Stock on your AR. I'm sure that many Munitions Manufacturers and their Employees thank you!

Here's a YouTube Video on how to operate one:

·
Registered
253 Posts
I"ve been debating on one, but for the price I can buy another gun.... decisions

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Did you say it was SO MUCH FUN!!!!!! LOL Enjoy it RJ!!! Life is short!! I'm fine tuning mine for some long distance shoots!! Got it down to 1" at 200 right now. Working up a new load for tomorrow.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I hate this thread. I JUST picked up my AR this morning and was trying to avoid anything about these stocks because I want one so bad lol

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
hehehehe...300 rnds in 10 minutes..$90 bucks at least...

but everyone has to do it once and HD record it for youtube...lol

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
You can BF without;) a special stock.......

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
I'm sure that many Munitions Manufacturers and their Employees thank you!
I was thinking the same thing!

We can look for the stock market to go up in the munitions department if he continues to shoot like he did today. :)

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Save some ammo for the rest of us.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
My wife would yell at me if I did that.
I would buy one if it worked on. 22 long rifle.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
looks like a lot of fun, i can bump fire my ak, it makes one hell of a racket

·
Registered
251 Posts
They will work with a .22. I've got a buddy with the .22LR conversion on his AR and the slide fire stock still works

·
Banned
4,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I hate this thread. I JUST picked up my AR this morning and was trying to avoid anything about these stocks because I want one so bad lol
Funny thing. Never wanted an AR until I saw the stock. Then I just had to have one. (well, two actually)

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Some of us live in BACKWARDS STATES which ban private ownership of full auto weapons. Maybe that is good in some respects since if I had one I would be COMPLETELY BROKE feeding it!

Years ago I did get the opportunity to shoot a full auto Thompson 45 with THE deputy sheriff ( yes at that time the county only had the sheriff and one deputy ) and the local PD Chief of Detectives. I think it took about a month to wash that smile off my face. :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts