Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I'm new to hand guns and have my trusty tcp on me all the time but got a Beretta Neos as a plinker. After about 500 rounds through it, I had a good buddy come over and do some shooting with me to help me get my grip/trigger/accuracy better and he noticed a problem that I had been compensating for in my shooting. The gun is shooting left! at 20 yards we were both at 3" left and about 1/2" low. Got the low adjusted for but I adjusted the rear sight over all the way left and we were both closer but still 1" left. He pull out his glock and hit dead center from 20, 30, and 40 yards (this dude can shoot) so I know it isn't him. He thought it might be the ammo (.22lr remington subsonic rounds) but it would make sense that even if a round were to shoot left it should be able to be compensated for with the sights.

What are we missing on this (it has been a very long day and our brains might not be working right)....Help

·
Registered
7 Posts
I don't have an answer for you yet, but I had a similar problem with a S&W 44 Mag. I couldn't get the front sight high enough to hit the target. They ended up sending me a new front blade.
You might want to give them a call. I have dealt with them before,and they were very helpful. In the mean time.I'll do some digging.
1-800-237-3882
http://www.berettausa.com/service/

Or http://www.berettasupport.com/

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Yup, try an ammo change. Try CCI mini-mags or Standard velocity. My good friend has excellent results with CCI Blazers in his NEOS. It's important to find the right rimfire ammo for each given rifle, pistol or revolver. They can be finicky.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I can't answer your question, but have one for you. I just purchased a neos and finally got ammo. How do you like it? Can't wait to shoot mine.

Scott

Sent from Droid X2 via tapatalk2

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
If you are getting good groups I doubt if it is the ammo, usually if a pistol does not like the ammo they will be all over the place. I would contact Beretta.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
If you are getting good groups I doubt if it is the ammo, usually if a pistol does not like the ammo they will be all over the place. I would contact Beretta.

I concur not the ammo....

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
per Joelswork " The gun is shooting left! at 20 yards we were both at 3" left and about 1/2" low. Got the low adjusted for but I adjusted the rear sight over all the way left and we were both closer but still 1" left."

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that you moved the rear sight the opposite direction to align the P.O.I. to the P.O.A. Shoots Left, move it Right.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that you moved the rear sight the opposite direction to align the P.O.I. to the P.O.A. Shoots Left, move it Right.
OMG..I am so sorry I missed that! duh
drummin_man627 You are absolutely correct! Move the rear sight in the direction you want the bullet to move. In this case the RIGHT, NOT the left.

·
Super Moderator
40,638 Posts
Front sight same direction
Rear sight opposite direction

Windage refers to the distance left or right of the POI compared to the intended target. Make an adjustment to the front sight that follows that direction. For example, if the bullet is hitting right of the target, adjust the front sight by moving it to the right. If the sight has an adjustable rear sight, move the sight in the opposite direction of the POI.

·
Registered
6,530 Posts
You might try shooting it off a sand bag rest to see where the gun is actually shooting while taking the shooter out of the equation. I know you said the other guy shot it and he is a shooter, but the rest shoots will definitely tell you it is the gun and not the shooter.

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
Lol, I was gonna say you moved the rear sight the wrong way, but others already caught that one. Otherwise, I would check the rifling and crown of the barrel to make sure there isn't a problem there throwing your rounds off course. Other than that, I think you would have to talk to Beretta.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Move the rear sight in the direction you want the POI to move. If the Point Of Impact needs to move up and right, move the sight up and right

Imagine the gun is in a vise and you fire one round. It makes an off-center hole in the target. Without moving the gun, which way would you have to move the rear sight to get it to line up with the hole in the target? That's how I remember it.

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
sounds like issue in barrel or slide alignment need to call factory over issue. try this ist center every thing up make sure front sight ok.MY front sight had allen screw loose on 1911 22 was shooting right recentered front sight all good now use some kind of suport to steady pistol if still way left send it in .LAST have you cleaned this pistol yet could have some build up from manufaturing in slide or on barrell my 1911 22 have coating on barrell polished off 100PERCENT IMPROVEMENT

JHP

·
Super Moderator
17,735 Posts
If you can't get it sighted in because you're at the end of the adjustment, then it's a manufacturer's defect. The sites aren't regulated properly. Needs to go back. But as stated above by others, it sounds like you're moving the site the wrong direction. I can't explain how it got closer to the point of aim if you were indeed moving it the wrong way. Perhaps you misstated your action?

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
Move the rear sight the direction you want the bullet to go. The front sight is opposite.

How to Sight in a Gun

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You guys caught it! My friend was adjusting it one way and I was adjusting the other way (I was right, by the way, but he had had a very long and hard day at work so I won't ruff him up too much). I have to say I really like this gun and it can't be beat for the price ($229 for the display at academy). My groupings are getting tighter and I'm at about 1" at 20 or 25 yards with about 350 rounds through any full size pistol. I bought a red dot for it and was seeing 5 dots! Turns out my contacts don't correct my minor astigmatism but when my buddy used it he saw two dots...just shot between them :)
looks like a return on the red dot (I verified with my glasses on and it does have two dots for some reason!

only issue I've really had with it is the rear rail roll pins wanting to escape but a good cleaning and a slight bang on them to make 'em a bit crooked helped. The front sight is a bit too wide and you have no reveal so I took a fine file to it and shaved off 5 strokes on each side. There are no aftermarket sights available so I drilled the front sight for a fiber optic tube and that helps out quite a bit too. I've never bench tested it so in gonna say it is probably as accurate as the shooter and this dude is currently not getting close to a level where it would matter. My brother bought a 22/45 and had several failures of different types...I had one because I didn't insert the mag all the way. Now to get my wife to use it....

·
Registered
24,845 Posts
Good catch

1 - 20 of 20 Posts