Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,189 Posts

·
Registered
4,792 Posts
This tragic event happened only 60 miles from me. It seems the family was trying to experiment with an explosion that would throw colored powder high in the air so they could post a video of it on social media. Instead, they built a oversize pipe bomb. Sadly, shrapnel hit and killed the 56 year old grandmother standing 45 feet away. That shrapnel came to rest some 400 feet from the explosion.

https://www.newsweek.com/accidental-pipe-bomb-gender-reveal-party-kills-56-year-old-grandmother-1468259

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
I don't understand the concept of a "gender reveal" party. How can the parents know which of the many (57??) genders a kid will be? That kid can even change moment to moment over the course of his life. How about just say you're pregnant with "it" and walk away.

I will definitely tuck this nugget away for the next 'woke' couple's gender reveal party.

I think that in many cases, the ever-increasing rationales for couples' parties are more about the gifts than the celebration, anyway. So far, the only party theme I haven't heard of is the cake-picking party.

Reactions: kschilk

·
Administrator
35,288 Posts
Another paradox for the left, I'm sure that they are the ones who came up with 'gender reveal' parties in the first place, yet now are we making that poor child suffer because we assume the gender? :icon_rolleyes:

Sounds like these things are getting a little too fancy. Just cut the tape on a box of balloons, and let them fly. No need for pyrotechnics that could hurt (or kill) somebody.

·
Registered
18,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Few things better for a child's mental health, than finding out someday that their grandmother was killed at his/her/its gender reveal party.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Interesting, at first I thought it was a coming out party for a sex change transvestite whatever. But OK, we will make up any reason to have a party.

But it is not 'gender' it is 'sex'. Male and female are sexes not genders, gender is related to masculine and feminine nouns. Actually German has more than masculine and feminine, I think they have neutral. But I'll get over it, they have decided to use gay instead of homosexual and gender instead of sex. Seems they don't like 'sex'.

In the good ole days you either got a Cigar or a HErSHEy bar.

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
(snip)

Sounds like these things are getting a little too fancy. Just cut the tape on a box of balloons, and let them fly. No need for pyrotechnics that could hurt (or kill) somebody.
There's a reason everybody's trying to outdo each other:

"Sure, it's sad that grandma was killed, but on the bright side -- you're trending!"

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
How dare they assume their babies gender! :baby::wink:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts