Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
PT92. New.
Wow! TIGHT!!!!
Was stripping then polishing the barrel today. Wanted to take out the locking block to get everywhere I needed, but to no avail.
Was punching from the left (smaller hole) to the right (if you look at the barrel from the top as it is in the pistol).
Bent 2 good quality punches and just gave up....

Any thoughts on that are appreciated!
Thanks!

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
If I understood you right you just wanted to remove the locking block.
Just lift it away from the barrel and slide it sideways.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If I understood you right you just wanted to remove the locking block.
Just lift it away from the barrel and slide it sideways.
Thanks, but it doesn't come out like that.... the pin prevents it.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
My Glocks require me to gently push by hand the roll pin holding the release slide by gently wiggiing the release slide ! I would try this approach but firearm must be held in a vise take care not to mar the gun.These pins go gently in and out and are not tapered as suggested !

·
Super Moderator
37,264 Posts

Reactions: icing777

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks, man!
Nope! Would not come out even well lubed.
I was told that some PT92 when new will not let the block come out without the roller pin removal.
Only after some usage it will. So, we'll see ..... :)

The roller pin hole on the right side is so much smaller than on the left! I wonder if it is a fluke or it is like that on all...???

20180917_130444.jpg

20180917_130513.jpg

·
Super Moderator
17,735 Posts
Uh, yeah, I just assumed you left the word "plunger" out. Just the block can be removed without removing that pin. At least my 92 was that way. Sometime it takes some finagling...ya gotta get it just right...

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Hmmmm, My 92 locking block mimics the post by Chechbiker ...??/

·
Registered
8,801 Posts
I have six PT92/99/100 - two have locking block that is a bear to remove and four that are a bear to reinstall. It helps if you hold your tongue and lips just so and they will slip right in or out! LOL There is no need to remove plunger or roll pin.

Reactions: icing777

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
I just checked my pt99 and Beretta 92.
The 99 on both sides look like your left side and the Beretta looks like your right side slightly opened up.
As a side note, when trying to remove the locking block the slightest cocking of the l.b. stops it from moving. It just takes lots of practice to do it easily.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts