Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After I bought my 9mm I decided that I would turn it into a 38 super but it shoots so good I just can't bring myself to do it. I talked to RIA about adjustable sights after buying Novaks their description was Novak like. He wanted me to send my new pistol to Nevada to machine it to their sights I guess. So I bought a new slide from e bay and fit it to the frame it came with Bowmar type target sights made by LPA and in the front it has fiber optic sights it cost me $139.00 I figure by the time I paid freight, machining, and the cost of the sights i think I came out ok. But I still need a 38 Super I would like to find a good used Taurus PT 1911 in a 38 Super.

·
Supporting SuperModerator
16,045 Posts
I bought a close-out 38 s, 1911, sig barrel for $75. It and my PT 1911 9 mm are at the gunsmith waiting their turn. I thought I got a good deal on the barrel.

Reactions: mwj999

·
Registered
7,394 Posts
After I bought my 9mm I decided that I would turn it into a 38 super but it shoots so good I just can't bring myself to do it. I talked to RIA about adjustable sights after buying Novaks their description was Novak like. He wanted me to send my new pistol to Nevada to machine it to their sights I guess. So I bought a new slide from e bay and fit it to the frame it came with Bowmar type target sights made by LPA and in the front it has fiber optic sights it cost me $139.00 I figure by the time I paid freight, machining, and the cost of the sights i think I came out ok. But I still need a 38 Super I would like to find a good used Taurus PT 1911 in a 38 Super.
So you've got a complete slide assembly in Super? Just no frame, right?

The answer's easy. Buy a frame (Brownell's carries them) and the parts that YOU want on it, assemble it and fit the slide to the frame.

You can get as mild or as wild as you want. Wanna .38Super double stack? Caspian as a DS frame listed as being in stock at Brownell's at the moment. There's at least a dozen different single stack frames listed in stock at the moment.

·
Registered
37,580 Posts
What the hell is wrong with all you guys??
who in their right mind would want an old out dated caliber thats impossible to find ammo for and when you do its so expensive??
I just can;t figure you guys out!
what were you thinking about?? who puts this stuff in your minds?
GEEEEEZZZ!-----------------:innocent:

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
you and me both, muddcat

·
Premium Member
5,350 Posts
I need to start posting guns up for sale at my LGS, just had about a month ago a Taurus in .38 Super, blued..................
Can't remember the price,I think it was about$430.00 or some where around there....................

·
Registered
37,580 Posts
I need to start posting guns up for sale at my LGS, just had about a month ago a Taurus in .38 Super, blued..................
Can't remember the price,I think it was about$430.00 or some where around there....................
I started to order a blue along with my Stainless from CDNN when they had the close out.
they had the Gold "blinger" with rail edition in both stainless and blue, and the regular Stainless and blue at a ridiculous price.
I think mine was under 400 bucks?
anyway the Blue model in the 38 Super was the old shiny well polished Blue an its a looker.
MY stainless is polished flats and matte rounds which I like a lot.
the fiber optic front sight was an add on as is the grips.

Attachments

Reactions: muddcatt54

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
Jeez, people buying a 1911 in 9mm is like someone buying a big game rifle and getting it chambered in .22 short. 1911's should only be available in .38 Super and .45 Auto. If you look inside your 9mm 1911 you will find inserts in the magazine, these are like training wheels, for when you are ready for a real adult version 1911. Or you can get something like a Springer EMP, or a scaled down, child sized, version of the 1911. I just do not understand people who take a man's pistol and turn it into something a millennial can handle, not that I am real opinionated about the subject.

LOL, just read the title again and realized how appropriate it is.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.