·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reactions: 777Driver

·
Registered
6,458 Posts
But it was a Gun Free Zone! In California! Was his gun on the DOJ accepted list?

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
They know they will die doing it. They know it will be all over the news and a big deal. It's why they do it. Can someone take a dive off a tall building and have the blood suxing news media make a big deal out of it. I would tall about that twice as long. Cut his way into a gun free event. I'm safe from this. If it's a gun free zone I'm not in it.

·
Registered
17,062 Posts
I'm more along the lines that we can't be safe from the news media.
If they didn't peddle mayhem, misery and death we might be a bit better off.
People die every day from all kinds of causes. It's on tv 24/7 in living color
with the teleblabber trying their best to look and sound upset..
It's become a non-event.

·
Super Moderator
36,042 Posts
We'll have to wait to hear more of the details, probably because they are still looking for accomplice/s...my guess however is that if the shooter was an NRA member and Trump supporter that we would have heard about it by now. That little boy's death tears me up...I hope that the killer's justice is being served now in the fires of eternal hell.

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
But it was a Gun Free Zone! In California! Was his gun on the DOJ accepted list?
Yeah! There were big signs that clearly stated "GUN FREE ZONE! NO GUNS ALLOWED!" See, that's the problem these days. The schools aren't teaching our kids to read!!!

·
Registered
31,905 Posts
Zen, I think most all of us are as much against The Far Right as we are against the Far Left. Both are extremists, and when they perform terrorist attacks on anyone, we are saddened by it. Whether far right or far left...it hurts the position of law abiding gun owners, who want to be able to protect family, friends or other innocencents. California has some of the strictist gun and ammo laws in the country.

Gilroy is a really neat little community, mixture of conservatives, migrant labor and enciters from time to time. My wife had a great aunt and uncle who were very successful produce farmers who worked their tails off during the depression to be able to wind up with 1900 acres after WWII with two miles bordering the Salinas river six miles south of Gilroy.

This is just plain sad, no matter what end of the political spectrum or religious spectrum a terrorist comes from. None of us condone it. None of us condone a nut case wanting to go out in a blaze of glory. It happens.

Just a reminder, an armed society is a polite society, and 95% of mass shootings occur in gun free zones!

·
Super Moderator
35,078 Posts
There was a big concert and fireworks display in "Discovery Green" which is in down town Houston this year. They've been doing this several years now. You won't see my lily white butt there, no sir! Firearms are verboten and, I mean, what could go wrong with loud bangs the norm, elbow to elbow drunks? Folks need to use their BRAIN'S. You'd have to be a brain dead idiot to go to something like that! Personally, I ain't going NOwhere without my weapon/s!!!!!!! The higher the threat, the more I want my weapons. And, if you wanna stay out of trouble, don't go looking for it! I celebrated the 4th by firing one round of 10 gauge. :laugh:

Besides, I don't like garlic all that much. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
14,731 Posts
People are saying that he walked like he was in a trance. Drugged perhaps?

People are also saying that an older gentleman was with him when he first came in. A handler perhaps?

This kid was squeaky clean before this.

Suddenly he just snaps?

And, the icing on the cake? Just minutes before the shooting started, he posted 3 racist posts to Instagram? Coincidence?

Who stands to benefit from this?

·
Super Moderator
36,042 Posts
He bought the AK just a few weeks ago, in NV. The festival was secured with fencing and designated entries with metal detectors. This undoubtedly gave fair goers a sense of security, until the shooter breached the perimeter with wire cutters. He's a local and knew the grounds well. He's been radicalized, recently...by whom?

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
He bought the AK just a few weeks ago, in NV. The festival was secured with fencing and designated entries with metal detectors. This undoubtedly gave fair goers a sense of security, until the shooter breached the perimeter with wire cutters. He's a local and knew the grounds well. He's been radicalized, recently...by whom?
No doubt George Soros or someone on his payroll.... What's always interesting is there is never anything in the media about the shooter's financial records/history...

·
Registered
4,667 Posts
There is little correlation between intelligence and evil.

Many of the Nazi elites had IQs in the range of genius, and convicted murderers have been granted stays of execution because courts have decided they were literally too stupid to be executed.

It would be interesting, however, to see if there is any correlation between racism in the public discourse and the acts of perpetrators of mass casualties who include race as a motivation for their actions.

While it's an easy and predictable knee-jerk to say 'evil Trump said bad things so the shooter acted out', it's just as easy to say the shooter's goal was to create an outcry against gun ownership, guns, white supremacists, etc.

On one hand, it fits the media's and left's narrative. On the other, how much racist sentiment did the shooter present other than just before his act? I haven't seen ALL the info, but I don't see much that says he was running around goose-stepping and wrapping himself up in the swastika, either.

But just as predictable, the anti-Constitutionalist hounds have smelled fresh blood, and begun their baying for laws that will accomplish what the already existing laws failed to do -- control someone who is committed to acting out their evil.

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
In their arguments against civilian CC I've occasionally heard anti gunners express the opinion that it's not physically possible for someone carrying a "mere" handgun to interfere with an active shooter with an "assault weapon", despite the fact that there are many examples throughout the world of people, cops and civilians alike, that have done exactly that.

When the shooter saw the officers, he fired at them, Smithee said. And despite being armed only with handguns, the three officers were quickly able to take him down, the chief added.​

·
Registered
16,494 Posts
I have been to the Garlic festival several times. They do have metal dectors and such at the entrance. It seems that this guy cut a hole in the fence and that was how he got in. I f someone is hell bent on shooting somebody it is hard to stop them. Even easier since this had never happened here before.

·
Registered
31,905 Posts
In their arguments against civilian CC I've occasionally heard anti gunners express the opinion that it's not physically possible for someone carrying a "mere" handgun to interfere with an active shooter with an "assault weapon", despite the fact that there are many examples throughout the world of people, cops and civilians alike, that have done exactly that.

The shooter in this case was not highly familar with his weapon, a months ownership. He had also never been under fire, and once any rounds went his way, he was immediately seriously distracted, and this is the case in nearly every mass shooting, not all, but most. I've owned AK's for years, and without modifing them, there is a learned method of removing and inserting magazines. Most cases of mass shootings are the same, a real exception was Stephen Paddock shooting from the Mandalay Bay in Vegas.

I'm just thankful for the nearly immediate response of the security team in the venue. Less than a minute response time and 3 fatalities and 15 wounded

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
I was thinking the same thing! You mean to tell me that his firearm didn't disappear when he crossed back into California? Just shows you can't ban evil people from doing evil things. My prayers go out to the families.

Reactions: Desperado
1 - 20 of 29 Posts