Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got a 709 and can't decide what holster I went to get. It's a toss up between the Desantis Sof Tuk or a crossbreed style holster. I see a lot of people like the Desantis but I had crossbreed for an XD 40 that I used to have and moved it. I found 2 different kydex/leather holsters on Amazon for a good price. Decisions, decisions......

·
Registered
8,802 Posts
My motto is buy one of every type made. LOL

My favorite IWB is the DeSantis SofTuck w/adj. cant. Next is the Remora 4ART-FS and if adding the Pierce type pinky mag extensions go with the 5ART.

OWB is DeSantis Mini-Scabbard (conceals well under loose shirt) or the Forbus PPS paddle (a bit bulky for CC). My $0.02.

Reactions: mawguy and TXEric

·
Registered
532 Posts
I have a Foxx hybrid, Desantis mini-scabbard, and Remora model 4A, for my PT709. These are the best choices I had found. The mini scabbard is an OWb holster, but the other two are IWB. I don't feel any of them causing me any pain, or have printing issues.

Reactions: Wino

·
Registered
532 Posts
Foxx is one of the ones I was looking at. They look very well made and are inexpensive.
Yep, and delivery was super fast.
Here is mine in the Foxx holster. Handgun holster Auto part

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just went to their website and saw they are made 5 minutes from my house. I am definately buying one now, love to help local business!

·
Registered
832 Posts
Foxx is one of the ones I was looking at. They look very well made and are inexpensive.
And the owner is very accommodating! Bought one through their eBay sales and needed to mod the order so that it would fit the 709 with the Crimson Trace laser, not a problem and at the same money $39 plus $2.99 for shipping!

Nice piece of work too

·
Registered
40 Posts
I wonder if anyone actually has "a" holster! I have 4 and always look for more. Try them out, you will find you want different holsters for different "outfits" or activities or the time of the year.
Wes

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
My motto is buy one of every type made. LOL

My favorite IWB is the DeSantis SofTuck w/adj. cant. Next is the Remora 4ART-FS and if adding the Pierce type pinky mag extensions go with the 5ART.

OWB is DeSantis Mini-Scabbard (conceals well under loose shirt) or the Forbus PPS paddle (a bit bulky for CC). My $0.02.
Another vote for the SofTuck - you can wear it anywhere from SOB/strong side/appendix/cross draw appendix (for driving), and it's comfortable and secure. Well, OK, I need to do something about the Shiner Belly for appendix carry, but that's on me!

Also looking for an OWB leather SOB, saw one someone posted here somewhere. Think it was Clament Custom Leather.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
That Foxx looks decent. I have only one and have been using it everyday for three years. Kholster holster. No complaints.

·
Registered
8,802 Posts
Another vote for the SofTuck - you can wear it anywhere from SOB/strong side/appendix/cross draw appendix (for driving), and it's comfortable and secure. Well, OK, I need to do something about the Shiner Belly for appendix carry, but that's on me!

Also looking for an OWB leather SOB, saw one someone posted here somewhere. Think it was Clament Custom Leather.
My Shiner belly has naught to do with no appendix or Mexican carry - no loaded gun sits between 9PM thru 3AM or anywhere near family jewels. LOL

Reactions: TXEric

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
My Shiner belly has naught to do with no appendix or Mexican carry - no loaded gun sits between 9PM thru 3AM or anywhere near family jewels. LOL
Well, seeing as how I've been married for over 30 years, I'm not as concerned with that area anymore...
However, I am VERY concerned if the muzzle is pointed anywhere near the femoral artery!

·
Registered
8,802 Posts
Well, seeing as how I've been married for over 30 years, I'm not as concerned with that area anymore...
However, I am VERY concerned if the muzzle is pointed anywhere near the femoral artery!
My main concern would be the gang at hunting camp catching me squating to pee in the woods.:eek::D

Reactions: TXEric

·
Registered
5 Posts
I also got the foxx holster for my 709 recently and I like it a lot so far. Very comfortable and almost no printing at all.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well I ordered my Foxx holster last night, I ordered the "lil foxx". Can't wait to get it and see how it feels

·
Registered
568 Posts
Hellow J14

If you like Crossbreed type holsters....I found a gent in Missouri that makes IWB kydex/leather holsters, form fitted for your handgun, for $45 shipped ($35 if you pick it up). He created this holster in "Crossbreed style" because he didn't want to pay $80 for one. I watched him make mine since I live relatively close. He does excellent work with great attention to detail, and guarantees his work. He sands the leather and kydex edges, and emory cloths the belt clip edges so they don't scrape your belt. He form fits the kydex to your pistol and tweeks it with a heat gun to insure a perfect fit. I wear the holster alone and also with the mag holder I got all day at work, and it is very comfortable. Weapon draws and replaces smoothly. If interested, check out this IWB holster source:

Dustin Osborn
Ozark Holster Co.
417-840-7385
[email protected]

Gun Firearm Handgun holster Trigger Gun accessory
Handgun holster Gun accessory Hand Revolver

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah the foxx holster I ordered is just like that. A local guy here near me makes them, $39 and a lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
836 Posts
For IWB, my experience has been that if the holster has a rough texture, or is one of the "sticky" types, like Remora, they work really well in decreasing the perceived weight of the gun. I don't like the feeling that the gun is "hanging" on my belt. Tightening the belt solves that problem a bit, but it is not really comfortable on a 61 year old waistline. For what it's worth, my number one choice for inside waistband is an Uncle Mike's soft nylon. It works great in strong side, and also appendix carry for the PT709. Number two choice is Remora. Your mileage may vary.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well I just picked up my lol foxx holster. The quality is awesome and it looks great. I am wearing it right now to try and break it in a little.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts