Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else getting weird links when they try to go to SlickGuns.com? I get his link for a fraction of a second then it changes to some "sign the pledge" crap or some other weirdness. Just wondering. Is it just me?

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Just checked. Goes straight to slick guns home page.

Redirect virus? I had one 3 year ago that came from facebook. Another reason I dumped my facebook account.

·
Registered
27,347 Posts
Nope. Just you.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
That happened last night at a friends house when I was trying to show him Slickguns.com. Each time it redirected the page to some political banner. I told him his computer was messed up, but he insisted it was the website. When I got home, I had no issues connecting to or browsing Slickguns.

·
Super Moderator
13,828 Posts
I just tried slickguns.com and it went straight to their homepage. I suggest you run a Malwarebytes scan on your computer. If you don't have it you can go to https://www.malwarebytes.org/ and download the free version. It's perfectly safe and does an outstanding job finding stuff that doesn't belong on your computer. I've used it for years, as have several others around here. You might give it a try.

Others will be along shortly with more suggestions for you.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I'll also endorse Malwarebytes; i install it on every computer that I work on; that and C-Cleaner (piriform.com) to clean out temp files and make the 'ol 'puter run faster and more better. I'm also partial to AVG-Free Antivirus. Although NO one antivirus will catch EVERYthing, it does a good job and the price is right!

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
A strong competitor to Malwarebytes is the free or portable version of Superantispyware.com

One often catches what the other misses. I routinely use both sequentially, in either order.

Sent from my Huawei Phablet using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
I use malwarebytes, comodo and the ms virus program.

But avoiding random clicks on web pages is one of the best ways to stay safe.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Malawarebytes, SuperAntiSpyware, Adwcleaner, JRT cleaner... some of the tools I use. If you are getting pop-ups/redirects, chances are you'll need more than one cleanup tool...

Good luck and let us know if you need help!

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I guess my security must have found the problem during one of its regular scans because now everything is back to normal. Thanks for the replies people.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts