Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wife and I went to the range Monday night (Ladies shoot free on Monday and they are opened late) So I could get acquainted with the new Canik Tristar T120. 1st 10 rounds at 15 yards are pictured below. Did better after the 1st mag. Trigger feels good and gun is easy to shoot. Reset is a little long but the trigger break isn't bad. Need more trigger time to get a better feel for it. I know Cajun Gun Works sells all kinds of upgrades for it but not sure if I need to even worry about that. I want to put at least 500 rounds through it before spending any money on upgrades.

On another note. The TP9SFx is absolutely a pleasure to shoot. Best trigger on any gun I have ever shot and extremely accurate. Could shoot the marbles off a gnat at 50 yards with it. I feel like I'm cheating if I shoot anything less than 25 yards lol.

So my verdict is, I am very happy with both guns.

Attachments

·
8,966 Posts
Thank you for the range report.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Great report, but owning a T100 , Shark C and a P120 I already agree!!!!! Great guns for the money! A TP may be in my future!

·
Registered
969 Posts
Congrats! They're both great pistols. Gotta say it again, the grips you put on the T-120 really set it off.;)

Reactions: PT99AF and MoKen

·
Registered
36,916 Posts
For the price of a cajun extended firing pin, FP spring and a lighter mainspring I say give it a try.
3 of my CZ run them and they really are a improvement , the Shadow-2 CZ of course comes with these goodies and more out of the box.
I went with the 13 pounders for reliability in a carry weapon, the 11 pounder was a tad to light for my thinking on a carry weapon.

Reactions: PT99AF

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Like I said in an earlier thread, I traded a Ruger P345, probably retail value nearly twice of the Canik. I traded even and feel like I got the better gun. More accurate, smoother operating and more reliable, isn't picky on ammo and more comfortable in the hand. Made the other guy happy so all is fair! I've put three time the ammo through it in half the time. I just wish Canik would make a .45. I guess that's what I keep my 1911s for!!! LOLOL

·
Administrator
18,276 Posts
Glad you had a good day at the Range with your Canik made Pistols! :cool:

BTW, I've not bothered to do any action upgrades on my T120. I like it pretty much as is. The only upgrade I might do in the Future is a Fiber Optic Front Sight.

I have a Fiber Optic Front Sight for my Canik TP9V1, but have yet to install it. My Canik TP9V1 has become one of my favorite Winter Carry Pistols.

Reactions: 57K and PT99AF

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
I agree jwc007! I love the trigger on all our Caniks. One thing that did make me feel bad after getting my Super Blackhawk I told the wife "this things is accurate!!!!", and follow up on the same target at 25 yards I beat it with my P120 with warm loaded 124 gr Xtreme hollow points!!!!

Reactions: jwc007 and PT99AF

·
Registered
36,916 Posts
Like I said in an earlier thread, I traded a Ruger P345, probably retail value nearly twice of the Canik. I traded even and feel like I got the better gun. More accurate, smoother operating and more reliable, isn't picky on ammo and more comfortable in the hand. Made the other guy happy so all is fair! I've put three time the ammo through it in half the time. I just wish Canik would make a .45. I guess that's what I keep my 1911s for!!! LOLOL
well buy a few extra letters from Vanna and cough up a few more dollars and you can have one!--------

Attachments

Reactions: 57K and MoKen

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
I know! That was in my head as I typed. YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Registered
36,916 Posts
I know! That was in my head as I typed. YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!
honestly this is the most accurate 45 acp that I have except for the Springfield Armory Range Officer, which is entry level competition weapon with adjustable sights.
it came out of the box smooth, reliable and accurate, its a joy to use /shoot and weighs in about the same as a full sized 1911.
there are lots of talk about this weapon in competition discussions and it has a barrel bushing that can be easily replaced with tighter ones for chump change, mines all stock except for the lighter mainspring and extended firing pin.
still waiting on the 10 MM version to hit the streets myself.

Reactions: MoKen

·
Registered
969 Posts
Wife and I went to the range Monday night (Ladies shoot free on Monday and they are opened late) So I could get acquainted with the new Canik Tristar T120. 1st 10 rounds at 15 yards are pictured below. Did better after the 1st mag. Trigger feels good and gun is easy to shoot. Reset is a little long but the trigger break isn't bad. Need more trigger time to get a better feel for it. I know Cajun Gun Works sells all kinds of upgrades for it but not sure if I need to even worry about that. I want to put at least 500 rounds through it before spending any money on upgrades.

On another note. The TP9SFx is absolutely a pleasure to shoot. Best trigger on any gun I have ever shot and extremely accurate. Could shoot the marbles off a gnat at 50 yards with it. I feel like I'm cheating if I shoot anything less than 25 yards lol.

So my verdict is, I am very happy with both guns.
As promised, the article just went up that has instructions for finding OACL for a particular bullet in a particular barrel/chamber. And Now for Something Completely Different! « Western Powders ;)

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Great article. I read it quickly at work. I hope I can copy it and keep in my data/info file?

Reactions: 57K

·
Registered
969 Posts
Great article. I read it quickly at work. I hope I can copy it and keep in my data/info file?
MoKen, feel free to! And to anyone else that would like a copy. I'd say that I'd be more than glad to email it in PDF, but Rob up at Western did a really good job editing the pics for the article vs how they appear in my draft.;)

Reactions: MoKen

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Thanks, brother, knowledge is good in this hobby/sport and the added safety don't hurt!!!!
MoKen, feel free to! And to anyone else that would like a copy. I'd say that I'd be more than glad to email it in PDF, but Rob up at Western did a really good job editing the pics for the article vs how they appear in my draft.;)

Reactions: 57K and olfarhors
1 - 15 of 15 Posts