Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I mentioned in my previous thread, I decided on the Canik TP9 SFx over the Girsan. Found one at the local Rural King Gun Barn and bought it, but had to wait 3 weeks since I was out of town during the 72 hour delay period. So, I was finally able to pick it up today. Hope to get to the range soon.

The color on this one is unusual. I have seen all black, black/tungsten, FDE, and black/FDE...but this one is all tungsten. I can't even find a pic of it online. Not sure if it is an RK exclusive or not as I cannot find any information. Not important of course, just interesting.

Now I need to decide what optic to get. Will be using primarily for IDPA.

Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

Tool Gun accessory Gas Air gun Auto part

·
Administrator
18,556 Posts
Congratulations on your new Canik TP9 SFX and may it serve you well! :cool::)

I've been shooting and carrying an original Canik TP9V1 for about 4 years now and have no complaints,
Canik Pistols have a very deserved reputation for durability, reliability and accuracy.
In my experience, my Canik TP9V1 never needed a break in. It was ready to run on day one. :)

Reactions: Kruzn

·
Super Moderator
38,569 Posts
Congratulation on the new pistol! I have the TP9 SFL and it has been flawless from the start.

Reactions: jwc007 and Kruzn

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
Congratulations on your new pistol!

·
Registered
88 Posts
It’s a nice pistol! And I have found them for $400, even during this crazy time. I really want one, just it have for a barn gun. Have a Swampfox Kingslayer and old Surefire that needs a home!

Lefty

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Finally got the SFX to the range last week. Put 150 rounds through it with no issues. So far I am very pleased. Taking it to it's first IDPA match tomorrow. I'm sure it will perform just fine. Now if the operator can just do the same! 😅

On another note...I needed three mags for the match. Gun came with two. Factory Canik TP9 mags are MIA at the moment, so I bought two ProMag TP9 18 rounders. They look fine and should feed fine (guess I'll find out tomorrow). However....they do NOT hold the slide open on last round fired. The follower tab is there to do so, but it is apparently too small to push up the slide lock. Bummed about that. :(

·
Registered
4,976 Posts
Yup, those Canik pistols are a very good buy. I saw one of those like yours, a few months ago, in one of our local gun shops...it didn't stay there very long. :whistle:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, I competed in the IDPA match with the Canik this past Saturday. The gun ran well, but it's operator needs more practice! I could blame the cold (we started out at 34 degrees) or the gloves I was wearing but my performance didn't improve much after it warmed up and I ditched the gloves. I need more practice with this gun!

I did learn something this week about the all-gray TP9 SFx. It is called Sniper Gray, not Tungsten as I first thought. Anyway, it's a nice look.

Regarding the Promag magazines that do not lock the slide back....Promag sent me an RA number and UPS label to return them under warranty. We will see how the replacements do...

Overall, I am very happy with the SFx. It shoots real nice, I just need more practice....

Still deciding on red dot, leaning toward the Holosun 507C.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts