Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
40,577 Posts
Need more information on revolver to answer properly. You can go down in in size but not up:

.327 Federal Mag
.32 H&R Mag
.32 S&W Long
.32 S&W

I have heard others say they shoot .32 ACP in their .327 Federal Mag, however I never checked into the pressures to see if this is safe, I am not interested in trying it either.

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Please define "regular 32 revolver". There have been built by many manufacturers in many parts of the world; 32 revolvers. Which specifically are you referring to?

·
Registered
9,191 Posts
Need more information on revolver to answer properly. You can go down in in size but not up:

.327 Federal Mag
.32 H&R Mag
.32 S&W Long
.32 S&W

I have heard others say they shoot .32 ACP in their .327 Federal Mag,....
This is why i'm glad i shoot .45's, there's only two of them that really matter in popularity. If you have something that can can shoot .454 Casull, .45 Schofield, .45 GAP, or any combination of them along with .45 ACP or .45 Colts, then you've just recieved a bonus level on whatever you're carrying.

·
32,612 Posts
There are lot of old revolvers,Colt,S&W, Forehand and Wadsworth, Iver Johnson, H&R, ,etc., that were built in .32 S&W and S&W Long.

.32 S&W can be shot in guns made for the Long, but Longs cannot be shot in .32 S&W guns.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was asked this question by a cuz. He has a Taurus .32 S&W and bought some .32 S&W Longs but didn't noticed they were longs until he got home.

·
32,612 Posts
That is an easy thing to have happen. With all the .32 caliber guns still out there finding someone to take those or another .32 gun to shoot them in shouldn't be too hard to do.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I was asked this question by a cuz. He has a Taurus .32 S&W and bought some .32 S&W Longs but didn't noticed they were longs until he got home.
I was beginning to think that I had only dreamed Taurus made a .32 S&W revolver. Any chance you could post up a picture of that old Taurus?

Coop

·
32,612 Posts
Taurus made the model 73 in .32 S&W Long , but discontinued it in 1992. 3 heavy inch barrel. Weighed 20 ounces. 6 shots.
The 76 was a 6 shot, 6inch barrel with heavy rib. Made from 1991-1994. Weighed in at 34 ounces. Had a transfer bar.
Taurus model 76 is a .32 H&R magnum.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts