Taurus Firearm Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
We don't have to imagine, They have an "OFF" switch, which we will activate this evening before our Christmas Eve Dinner. We will turn everything back "ON" Thursday......

Reactions: william

·
Registered
16,494 Posts
Cell phone are down fall of the next generation. The don't talk at all they sit 10feet apart and text each other. Therefore they have no social skills at all. I believe that is why there is much violence now days.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Wouldn't it be great if people left their treasured phones turned off during family gatherings ? Those things have replaced family. I recall a time when the family got together and actually conversed - kids could carry on a conversation, and everyone caught up with all the goings on of other family members. Now, within seconds of arriving, their nose is stuck in a phone for their entire visit, without any awareness of others in the room. Thank goodness my wife and I aren't addicted to the thing.
Yes, it is great, because that is what we do here at the house. When we are eating, have guest over, etc.., there are no phones allowed, unless people are showing photos. Even if there is nothing going on, nobody is allowed to just sit on their phone all day and waste away, there is set times for this.

·
Registered
6,308 Posts
I cut my phone off Monday night when I got home and it will stay off until I make a bread, milk and eggs run Friday or Saturday. When I get home from the run, it will get cut off again and stay that way until Monday morning.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I can imagine Christmas without a cellphone. I can imagine every single day without a cell phone because I just might be the only person on Earth that doesn't have one and refuse to get one.
The landline rings just fine and I can take the call or not.

The last thing I want is someone (wife or anyone) pestering me with that thing ringing or to BS while I'm getting ready to hit a shot on the golf course or on the pool table...which is every day for one or the other or both.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I can imagine Christmas without a cellphone. I can imagine every single day without a cell phone because I just might be the only person on Earth that doesn't have one and refuse to get one.
The landline rings just fine and I can take the call or not.

The last thing I want is someone (wife or anyone) pestering me with that thing ringing or to BS while I'm getting ready to hit a shot on the golf course or on the pool table...which is every day for one or the other or both.
Well that's stupid. Turn the damn thing off when you're not using it. My cell phone is for my convenience only. If I have an emergency I have a way to call out. If I don't want anyone calling me I turn it off.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
I had a flip phone until last month. I still have no love or use for one. I do like the camera. A phone on the camera is ok but i have no real use for a hand held computer.
I'll use my lap top if i need the internet. Social media like facebook and twitter are for school girls and old woman. It also causes man buns.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Well that's stupid. Turn the damn thing off when you're not using it. My cell phone is for my convenience only. If I have an emergency I have a way to call out. If I don't want anyone calling me I turn it off.
It's always turned off because I don't need or want it so it doesn't exist. If there's an emergency, always someone within spittin' distance for me to use their phone. Trust me, I'm extremely happy and content NOT having one and never been caught in a situation where I wish I did. Who knows, the next shoulder I tap on to use their phone might be yours. I do live in GA. :D

·
Registered
152 Posts
i have no real use for a hand held computer.
I'll use my lap top if i need the internet. Social media like facebook and twitter are for school girls and old woman. It also causes man buns.
Bingo! What does living on forums cause? :icon_eek: ;)

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Bingo! What does living on forums cause? :icon_eek: ;)
Cause? It's a symptom of liberal tv programing, old age and or bad health.
If my health was better i could get in my kayak, fish , hunt or at lest find something on 200 channels worth watching.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts