Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another of the little old lady's guns with no markings, except for a Oval with the letter "E" stamped at the inside top of the oval, the letter "L" stamped just inside of the left middle of the Oval, the letter "G" stamped stamped just inside the right inside of the Oval and a Star stamped at the inside bottom of the oval. This oval with the letters and the star inside was stamped on the bottom of the right barrel and number 94 was stamped on the bottom of the left barrel.

Just to the rear of the upper stock tang is a small engraving plate inlaid into the top of the stock, but no really discernible etching there due to thumb wear. Went removing the tang from the fore end of the stock, this unlocks the barrels so they can be lifted up, unlocked and detached from the stock and reciever. I didn't have a bore light, and the ram rod was stuck in the holder, so I wasn't able to detect if there was still a charge in the barrels. The full length of the barrels are 31 inches. An expert might be able to tell something from the type of engraving. If I were betting, I would bet on the barrels being Damascus steel, although I couldn't tell for sure. A lot of interesting detail on the old gun though, and I like the trigger guard which appears to be nickle steel as well as is the butt plate.

12gauge.jpg 12gauge. 1.jpg 12gauge. 2.jpg 12gauge. 3.jpg

·
Registered
32,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
12gauge. 4.jpg 12gauge. 5.jpg 12gauge. 6.jpg 12gauge. 7.jpg

And I was right about the 20,000 th post....no bells, no whistles, no sixth star and no phone call from Smokewagon about my commemorative engraved PT 1911.

·
Registered
32,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Chico, that sure looks close, I wish it had a top down view of the butt plate and the stock tang area.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts