Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
Yeah, it all looks really good to me. Blech!!!!

·
Registered
9,561 Posts
this is why peanut butter and jelly sam'iches were invented...

·
Super Moderator
13,808 Posts
I remember that when I was a sophomore back in 1968 and school lunches were served in aluminum trays, it got to the point to where the "main course" looked like canned dog food, but (probably) without as much flavor. For three weeks students "brown-bagged" it, bringing their own lunch to school and not buying school lunches at all. The school district finally got the message, and quality went from "tastes like cardboard" to "hey, I can almost tell what this is by taste alone!" It was peaceful, and it worked. Sort of. Thing is, this has been going on for decades, well before the current first lady. You want quality and/or fair price for what you eat, bring your own lunch.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
That's what #'s are for.

·
Registered
5,400 Posts

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
I remember that when I was a sophomore back in 1968 and school lunches were served in aluminum trays, it got to the point to where the "main course" looked like canned dog food, but (probably) without as much flavor. For three weeks students "brown-bagged" it, bringing their own lunch to school and not buying school lunches at all. The school district finally got the message, and quality went from "tastes like cardboard" to "hey, I can almost tell what this is by taste alone!" It was peaceful, and it worked. Sort of. Thing is, this has been going on for decades, well before the current first lady. You want quality and/or fair price for what you eat, bring your own lunch.
I graduated in 69. From Kindergarten until about 7th grade the food was always very good. After that all I would eat at the school for lunch was soup and bread and butter or bologna or PB. Sometimes it was vegetable beef soup but more times than not, it was bean with bacon. I figured if I had to suffer so did everyone else and I did get sent to the office a lot until things quieted down.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Im sorry, but if a kid knows he/she as a deadly peanut allergy, why on earth would they eat a pb&j? just because there was one in the building? this bs of forbidding certain foods from being brought into schools is ridiculous. now they are being served this crap.... on our dime.

·
Super Moderator
40,475 Posts
I was spoiled in elementary school. We had a great hot breakfast and hot lunch daily. Always at least two things to choose from. School cook took pride in her job, even the teachers ate lunch there. Come junior high in the early 80's the food went to crap real quick.

·
Super Moderator
40,475 Posts
Reactions: kschilk

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
I used to get pizza, decent burgers, spaghetti, chili, sloppy joes, tacos, lasagna, salisbury steak, mashed potatoes, fries, salad, fruit, and it was all identifiable as such. And in grade school most brought their lunch and that is when the bartering system REALLY got its workout. Cheeseballs for dingdongs, pb&j for chocolate milk, donuts for candybars, tuna salad for chicken salad, etc.

·
Banned
9,233 Posts
Both of my daughters attended a Magnet High School. Awesome Arts and Academic program and both went off to college with 29-hours of course credits. Many of the kids that come to this school come from private or Catholic/Christian programs. Needless to say, at least until they get to a Duval County School, their lunches have been pretty descent. However, at my youngest daughters orientation, I actual heard the vice-principle warn the private school parents that "if your kids haven't attended Duval County Schools, they will hate the food here." She was serious and said it openly on stage and on a microphone.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts