Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Millenium" printed on one side. Other side says "PT 140 CA" . Taurus web site says it was built in 2009 and is a 140BP. Clip says : 140pro

There is no PRO written anywhere on the pistol. If its a Millenium Pro, why is it not marked that way? What generation is this pistol? What does CA stand for? Thank you

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Welcome from Texas! I believe yours is the Millennium Pro 3rd gen version made for CA. The CA MilPro's don't have the word PRO on the slide.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
There is no PRO written anywhere on the pistol. If its a Millenium Pro, why is it not marked that way? What generation is this pistol? What does CA stand for? Thank you
CA stands for Kalifornia. With all special requirements that the guns must meet in order to be sold in Kalifornia, the guns sold there must be the PRO guns
, no need to mark the word PRO on these guns.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Joking aside, the MilPro CA is an excellent gun with DA trigger which is preferred by many people for concealed carry.

·
Registered
327 Posts
The sights mounted on your PT140 seems to identify it as a 2nd generation Millennium Pro.

111SSP-12.jpg

The sights on the 3rd generation Mil Pros appear as above. The slide on your pistol, however, indicates it to be of the 3rd generation. Intriguing.

It makes no difference, though. All these Mil Pros are the best in their category.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
I read in this forum that the CA MilPro's have 3 dot sights whereas the regular MilPro's have 2 dot sights. The MilPro-CA trigger is DAO and the regular MilPro trigger is SA with DA for 2nd strike. These are the 2 main differences b/w the CA and the regular versions.

·
Registered
8,801 Posts
FWIW - My PT24/7CA .40 made 2012 has the same sight (no dovetail groove) - just screwed on - sight has locator and slide has groove to fit. DA only. I've lost both sights at range - rear second trip to range; front third trip to range - front sight on B/O with Taurus for awhile. It was listed as a PRO, but not shown on pistol slide. Ribber grips. Was supplied with (2) 10 rd. mags and (2) 15 rd. mags from Academy. New rear sight from Taurus listed it for PT111/138/640 (not MilPro) P/N 26009668 with rear/front sight screw P/N 26901960.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Like I said before, your PT140CA is the MilPro 3rd gen California version. The sights on the CA versions are 3 dot sights and not the same as the regular versions that have the 2 dot sights. Also, the MilPro's that were made in 2009 are 3rd gen guns.

·
Registered
29,957 Posts
Welcome aboard from Florida the "GunShine" state. :icon_ lala:

State of over "1 MILLION 120 THOUSAND" Concealed Carry Licenses and counting!

Lots of PT-111 fans here including your's truly.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts