Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and maybe figure out where it goes my gun was jammed wouldn't slide back and when i took it apart it fell out
thanks Textile Magenta Purple Pink Violet

·
Registered
7 Posts
That's your striker block.

Refer to the diagram in the manual to get it back into the slide. If it fell out, your striker must be broken.

Do you know how to detail strip the slide?

·
Registered
24,949 Posts
Thai is a gizmo thingy that impinges on the gavender shaft and allow the frammis plate to advance. LOL

·
Registered
8,802 Posts
It appears to be the slide block pin block Item #1.26 associated with the TSS security system. The exploded view does not show a spring, but it definitely has one as when mine is TSS engaged it will spring up/down when pushed. Absolutely no idea how it came out or is attached as I've not broken down my 709 slide past field strip. If I'm correct, with slide removed, upside down with muzzle left you should have an empty hole on the rear far side next to striker. When TSS not engaged the block sits solid and flush inside the slide body; extends when engaged and springy.

·
Registered
313 Posts
It appears to be the slide block pin block Item #1.26 associated with the TSS security system. ...
Yup. But the part numbers are 1.27/1.28 for the slide block/spring. I have not needed to disassemble this part of the slide either. But as I understand it, part 1.26 is a pin held in place by the rear sight and that pin holds the key lock (part 1.23) in place. If the pin (1.26) is absent the key lock can slide to the right allowing the mystery (1.27/1.28 pieces to drop out. If you try to repair this, only move the key lock to the right the minimum amount required to reinsert 1.27/1.28. If you move 1.23 too far to the right you can lose the detent ball and spring (1.24/1.25). You don't want to do that.

Now if this part came out because you tried disassembling the slide, I'd recommend you try to put it back, DIY. But if this part came out by itself (i.e. you were not trying to disassemble the slide) you have a broken gun that needs to go back to Taurus to be fixed.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Personal opinion, I would prefer my guns not have the TSS. I have other ways of securing my firearms so the TSS is superfluous to my needs. On the other hand, the TSS adds complication, manufacturing expense, and there is a possibility the the TSS could fail rendering the pistol inoperative (at the worst possible time, of course -- Murphy's Law). I suspect the TSS appeals to gun novices that haven't thought through all their needs. Just my opinion.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts