Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read many times in different postings that the problem may be related to "Limp Wristing of the firearm". Can someone is using the KISS Principal (keep it simple stupid) explain this to me.
Thanks

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Limp wristing is simply not having a strong enough grip on the weapon so that when you fire the weapon some of the energy moves the frame around in your hand instead of moving the slide to the rear causing misfeeds.

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
Basically not holding the gun as tight as you feel comfortable, the more you squeeze, the stiffer your wrist becomes.
A loose grip allows your wrist to flex too much.
Try this, hold your gun with a loose grip and the push the barrel up and down and your wrist will flex.
Squeeze the grip hard and and try again, your whole arm should go up and down.

·
Registered
13,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got it now. Why would anyone limp wrist, I love to feel the power to its fullist when it is released. I want my entire body to feel the power behind the trigger pull. Maybe I am just weird this way.
But, I do appreciate your taking the time to educate me on the term of limp wristing.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Just make sure that you are not squeezing so hard that it affects your trigger pull/control of the firearm....

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Limp wristing is also prevalent in new shooters of larger calibers of hand guns and results from anticipating the recoil. It's analoguous to not pulling the stock of a rifle firmly into the sweet spot on your shoulder. This results in intermittent cycling of the semi-auto handgun, as well as bruising the palm of your hand.

·
Registered
34,138 Posts
Got it now. Why would anyone limp wrist, I love to feel the power to its fullist when it is released. I want my entire body to feel the power behind the trigger pull. Maybe I am just weird this way.
But, I do appreciate your taking the time to educate me on the term of limp wristing.
Limp wristing can occur for a number of reasons; anticipation of the recoil, or big gun small person, or for someone who has shot revolvers for a long time and has learned to let the revolver "rock" in his hands it can be a problem. It's generally not an intended technique but rather a lack of proper technique or physical strength.

Reactions: bre346

·
Registered
29,846 Posts
When eveyone carried a "real man's gun" read, heavy, full sized, full caliber duty sized, the problem was less prevelent as there was enough mass/weight in the gun to provide enough resistance for the slide to properly cycle.

Fast forward...now everyone jumps on the compact, light weight, short barreled band wagon and sells them to novices who think a "gun is a gun" and the problem goes through the roof.

We get dozens of posts complaining about the guns reliability that usually start out, " my new (fill in the blank) shoots low and left".

When the problem is "pilot error".

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Reactions: bmbroker

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Sorry, I thought this was a political post about Liberals.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts