Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the taurus line...just picked up a pt740 on saturday...the shop where I live didn't have a tcp738, and would love to see some pics of them (or the pt709) side by side...the wife wants one just a touch smaller than mine so I am trying to convince her.
Thanks!

·
Registered
8,801 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I bought two 9mm slims, one for my wife and one for me. Took them to the indoor range and we really like them. The next week I found the PT 738 and got it for my wife and she LOVES it! She is so much more likely to carry the .380.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys...the catalog pic wouldn't let me see the size...anyone have the two and can post pics of them side by side?

·
Registered
36,780 Posts
I am new to the taurus line...just picked up a pt740 on saturday...the shop where I live didn't have a tcp738, and would love to see some pics of them (or the pt709) side by side...the wife wants one just a touch smaller than mine so I am trying to convince her.
Thanks!
well see if this helps, its a 709 same pistola except the hole in the barrel as the 740.
Notice in the one picture that the 738 is laying on top of the 709.
I think that if you are talking about the 709 VS the 738 then you/wife will find the 709 more enjoyable and easier to fire than the 738, if comparing the 740 to the 738 the 738 might be more enjoyable.
its all about power of the cartridge VS weight/size of the weapon.
The TCP 738 is simply not a real enjoyable weapon to fire very much. add to this the fact that the 9MM is about twice as powerful as the 380, the 40 cal is about 2 1/2 times more powerful than the 380.
just a consideration for you to think about.
of course if looking strictly from a size weight standpoint the tcp 738 is lighter and smaller.

Attachments

Reactions: shiftace

·
Registered
36,780 Posts
Olfarhors,
What kind of sights do you have on the 738?

Actually they are a optical illusion-- didn't you know the TCP 738 doesn't have sights??-GriiiN.
Ok seriously this is the existing factory sights that have been enhanced with Glonation Phosphorscent yellow paint.
depending on color it glows from about 1 hours to up to 12 hours with 15 minute charge from daylight or other light source.
the yellow glows for about 4-6 hours if i remember right.
you can check it out as glonation.com.
they also sale a glow in the dark powder that can be mixed with epoxy or clear nail polish and used.
you might want to take a look at the post concerning highlighting the 738 sights.
there are many variations from the glo in the dark paints, to light emitting powders , to nail polish etc.

Reactions: NewBuck

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks very much guys...absolutely what I was looking for! Now I just have to be able to find an LCP

·
Registered
36,780 Posts
Would you do it again? (Did it improve accuracy?) I like the look.....
actually we are wandering off topic a bit and may get our knuckles wrapped by the adm ruler!!!-:icon_ cry:
but quickly yes I would, actually i do it on many of my weapons (compact and full size) especailly the carry weapons that may be required to be used in dim /dark lighting situations.-I just do the dots on them!--:icon_ goofy:
1 jar of paint will likely do 12,000 guns and its cost is below 5 bucks i think.
as for accuracy only improves it in the respect that you can actually see the sights on the small pocket 380's.
I do not need the paint on my Sig 238 as it has a real set of sights.---:hail:
hope this helps.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts