1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Super Moderator
38,636 Posts
Why would a gun be placed in a kid's backpack? Did the woman know it was there? Oh wait, we'll never know the answer to the last one.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Why would a gun be placed in a kid's backpack? Did the woman know it was there? Oh wait, we'll never know the answer to the last one.
Sometimes the person is a prohibited person, and the PP is hiding the gun somewhere in case the cops show up. If they find the gun the perp can claim "It's not mine, I didn't know it was there, it must be my girlfriends." Most of the time the girlfriend is NOT a PP.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Sometimes the person is a prohibited person, and the PP is hiding the gun somewhere in case the cops show up. If they find the gun the perp can claim "It's not mine, I didn't know it was there, it must be my girlfriends." Most of the time the girlfriend is NOT a PP.
Well, in a case like you described, at least the fool that placed the gun in that bag could've had enough horse sense to not have a round loaded in the chamber especially when there's a toddler meandering around at floor level. In this case it looks like the gun was smarter than the gun owner because the gun did what it was ordained to do but the human owner did not. Also it's doubtful that a toddler could pull a double action trigger so that leaves us to conclude that IF the toddler did indeed do the shooting, it had to have been from a loaded pistol with a light trigger pull.

Reactions: pegasus

·
Registered
362 Posts
Also it's doubtful that a toddler could pull a double action trigger so that leaves us to conclude that IF the toddler did indeed do the shooting, it had to have been from a loaded pistol with a light trigger pull.
Why do you find the trigger pull to be too much for a toddler? An average DA trigger is about 10lbs. A toddler is more than capable of squeezing a 10lb trigger. This is hardly the first time a toddler has fired a DA trigger.

·
Registered
37,209 Posts
XACTLY!
in the hood of Atlanatstan youse ain't never gonna find the dope dealer or any of his hard core group wiff the weapon!
its always in the hands of a juvenile!

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Why do you find the trigger pull to be too much for a toddler? An average DA trigger is about 10lbs. A toddler is more than capable of squeezing a 10lb trigger. This is hardly the first time a toddler has fired a DA trigger.
And hit the mother dead nuts on in the head at the same time?

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
About a year ago 1 mile from my home in a affordable housing section a mother told here 11 year old son to get her handgun out of her car and bring it into the house. The boy came back into the house and point blank shot his teen sister who was sitting on the sofa. Single mother was charged with involuntary man slaughter.

·
Registered
7,031 Posts
And a factory Gluck trigger pull is 5.5 pounds.

From what I've seen, all of the other striker fired, no safety except the doo-hickey on the trigger, lowest common denominator designs are in the same range in their trigger pulls, too.

Reactions: CaptainMorgan

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
Doubt the kid aimed, it was most likely dumb luck that the woman's head was in the trajectory of that round.
Kid barely had enough strength to hold gun out and purely the force of recoil points it where it wants.
How many videos have we seen where someone not prepared for recoil gets smacked in the head or knocked on their but.
That recoil sends the round off in a different direction than where it was intended.
Same thing happened here.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Doubt the kid aimed, it was most likely dumb luck that the woman's head was in the trajectory of that round.
Kid barely had enough strength to hold gun out and purely the force of recoil points it where it wants.
How many videos have we seen where someone not prepared for recoil gets smacked in the head or knocked on their but.
That recoil sends the round off in a different direction than where it was intended.
Same thing happened here.
Well, could be, but with all the sordid details it still seems a little sketchy to me.

·
Registered
37,209 Posts
yea you would think with that kind of trigger pull he/she would shoot it low and left!!

Reactions: CaptainMorgan
1 - 14 of 14 Posts