Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have an opinion on a used, fully functional, nice trigger PT-945 for $265? It looks from the ramp area like it has been well used but not abused. Exterior condition is very good with only minor blue wear. Looks cool to me, but would like confirmation or argument against, if any. 8) thanks -- bowhair

·
Registered
356 Posts
I owned the PT940 and found it to be a great full-sized pistol. The only reason I sold it was that I'm focusing on compacts and sub-compacts for carry. If it checks out, get it - it's a great price on a gun that should last a long time.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
I would certainly be temped at that price... at first glance looks a lot like the Sig P220... should make an excellent shooter... not designed for "concealed carry" but that depends on your interests!

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I've got a PT 908 and would jump at a PT945 for that price.

Reactions: Armd2DaTeeth

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Made the deal with the owner. Got a bunch of ball ammo and a couple of range opportunities before & after work this week. Let's see ... exhale, hold, squeeeez.... 8)

Thanks for the personal input, folks! -- bowhair ;D

·
Administrator
18,465 Posts
Amen, brother! ;D

If the PT945 in question is truly in good shootable condition, I would certainly jump on it for that price! Congratulations on your deal and long may it serve you well! ;D

I have one and I like it for CCW. Carried in a Kydex GLock 21 IWB holster for CCW. My regular Range Holster for the PT945 is the Fobus HK-1, which is normally meant for the H&K USP45.

The only caveat about the PT945, is that I have to shoot mine with a low thumb hold or the Hammer will dig into the top of my shooting hand. Otherwise, it's been great!

1999 Vintage Taurus PT945 with Hogue Handall Slip-On Grip

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
TonyB --

I'm a fan of the Blackhawk CQB Serpa holsters; we carry on the hip, in the open where I work. Hope the Glock 17 version works in that line as well. Still haven't gotten out to shoot it yet; hopefully Thursday after work. If it performs as expected I'll be looking for a holster this weekend. Thanks -- bowhair ;D

·
Registered
14,175 Posts
Good deal!!! I have purchased two of them over the last couple of weeks. The first is stainless with gold highlites and pearl grips...$425. The second stainless with black rubber Taurus grips....$390. Both brand spanking new in the box.
Also picked up the Pt-940 in stainless, a little smaller than the 945. And have a Pt-938 and P-58 NIB .380 on the way in stainless.
As you can tell, I am a big Taurus all metal gun person....they are so under rated!!

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
A big AMEN from down Mississippi way, too!

Reactions: Armd2DaTeeth

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
I'd definitely say you got a good deal on the pistol!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts