Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I KNOW IT SOUNDS LIKE A DUMB QUESTION, BUT IN ACTUALITY WILL IT WORK? MY REASONING BEHIND IT IS I ALREADY HAVE THE 24/7 IN 45ACP W/ LOTS OF EXTRA MAGAZINES, AND WANT TO GET THE PT 145 AS A SUMMER GUN, BUT WAS THINKING THAT I COULD DO SOMETHING LIKE WHAT SPRINGFIED IS DOING W/ ITS XD 45 SERIES. BASICALLY CARRY THE STANDARD MAGAZINE, BUT HAVE THE 24/7 CLIPS NEARBY IF I SHOULD HAPPEN TO NEED MORE ROUNDS.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
I don't have the guns in question but I know that it works with the 9mm XD's and the glock family.

I'm sure that someone here can check or already knows if it will work or not.

Steelheart

·
TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
6,541 Posts
There's not but one way to find out. I know that the package specifies the difference between 24/7 and a PT145, so one would assume that it is a different mag. Rather or not it would work may be a different story though.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I was thinking about this before and forgot about it. It would be cool to use 17rnd 24/7 mags for my pt-111. They are same price too.

·
Registered
57 Posts
does anyone know if this will work yet?

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
I tried using my 24/7 9mm mags in my son's PT111, and they fit like hand in glove, but the problem was getting the magazine to latch. Evidently the dynamics of the PT111 smaller size as compared to the 24/7 meant that in order to get the mag to latch you had to whack the bottom of the mag really hard in the PT111... which made my son a little nervous.

As far as shooting... I think you could have held the extended portion of the mag and the PT111 would have fed rounds fine.

I didn't have time to study the problem, but it was obvious that the magazine latch cut out in the magazine itself was just slightly off. I have no idea about opening that latching window. It was his PT111 and my 24/7 mag... so didn't want to explore since I was risking my mag.

·
Registered
57 Posts
at $32 or more pop maybe it's not worth trying for 5 more rounds and loss of pinky grip.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts