Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally have a couple pics of the forest area and lake of where I'm a campsite host in El Dorodo National forest in Northern California.
If you folks have an interest I will have some more soon.
We have had some really hot weather here on the west coast and it's been pretty miserable. I live in Tracy and the temp was 117 the other day. I think we have been in the 90s.
Anyway, we had a visit from the bears again last night. Several folks had ice chests that were demolished. Some people just don't understand that you can't leave food out here in the forest.
I hope to see one that I can get some pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Looks like a nice place. I would love to see more pics.

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
Whats the lake name so ican look it up

jhp

·
Banned
1,997 Posts
Very nice. For a moment i thought you had a handgun in hand however it was a bottle of water. Hopefully you are a nice park host. I've run into a few crankie ones.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Very nice. For a moment i thought you had a handgun in hand however it was a bottle of water. Hopefully you are a nice park host. I've run into a few crankie ones.
Whats the lake name so ican look it up

jhp

The name of the lake is Union Valley Reservoir in Eldorado National Forest. Great fishing.
That's my walkie talkie I'm holding in the pic. I have to keep in touch with the other hosts.

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
That's one funny lookin' walkie talkie. Sure looks like a bottle of water to me ;)

·
Super Moderator
40,638 Posts
Thanks for sharing. I would be fishing every night!

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Sometimes when I think about the very real problems that are in California, I forget that it has so many spectacularly beautiful places. You've shown us one of them!

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Nice pics. I need to take a vacation!

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
Thanks for sharing the pictures .. Please post more.. Beware of Yogi & Booboo...

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
We had several bears in the camp ground last night. One had a cub with her. They came within ten feet of a couple campers.
I told them to stay away from the cub no matter what. This is not a petting zoo. I hope they understand that.
If there is any chance of getting a pic of them, I'll post them.

·
Registered
24,845 Posts
What a dream job!!

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Sounds like a dream job to me.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Great pictures BBG. While that may sound like a dream job I'm sure there is a lot of sweat and toil involved too, but I am also sure there are some rewards also. Fresh air, fishing right out your door, and some fine people among the problem ones!

Living on a small lake out here in the woods I am still amazed how dark it can be at night with no moon, but with a full moon it is almost like mid-day.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts