Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If you are like me, you are always looking for a better way to make camo patterns. I have pieces of different size netting that I use, several different sizes that I use for patterning, but I am always looking for something different. Well, I think I just saw it.

Take a sheet of slick plastic and spray it with WD-40 (make sure the WD-40 is spread with out gaps), then lay out your pattern with Elmer's Glue, or one of the hundreds of brands of white glue that dries clear, straight from the bottle. Simply squeeze out lines in the pattern of your choice. If you are worried your freehand pattern is not good enough, lay a piece of paper with your pattern drawn out on it under the shiny clear plastic and follow the lines with the glue. Or just lay a piece of the camo pattern you want to make under that plastic.

If you decide to use Saranwrap, I would make a frame that keeps it tight and flat, and supports it underneath. The plastic needs to be flat so you don't get any bleed through from the glue not being flat. But, any clear shiny plastic sheet will work.

Once the glue dries clear (give it a day to be sure), you can lift it off the plastic, the WD-40 acts as a release agent. This glue dries to a clear, flexible, rubbery, plastic that you can bend around your pieces with ease, and it can be painted over numerous time.

Found this on YouTube:

·
Registered
6,261 Posts
I camo paint all my hunting and trapping stuff, and don't use a pattern - just paint with different shades and it's goodenough for me. I camo to hide traps and feeders from humans, not animals that really don't care.

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I usually camo my ARs and then final coat with a satin clear acrylic for a 3D effect that is not shiny.

Reactions: darbo
1 - 6 of 6 Posts