1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Super Moderator
37,244 Posts
Here's a clue as to what will happen. Comrade Newsom has not and will not lift the Emergency Order he's saddled the state with even though they are to open up fully within two week. They love power.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Thought Newsom was being ousted by a new election coming up? Of course the voters there will have a choice between the devil & the deep blue sea with who (or what) is planning on running against him.

·
Registered
888 Posts
The injunction is immediate and permanent, but there is a 30 day stay to give a chance for appeals, so once again let the appeals process begin.

·
Premium Member
5,179 Posts
The injunction is immediate and permanent, but there is a 30 day stay to give a chance for appeals, so once again let the appeals process begin.
Isn't it always interesting when an injunction restores liberty, it is stayed so it can be shot down by a liberal court? Yet, when an injunction defeats liberty, it is in place immediately with no chance for citizens to stop it.

·
Registered
222 Posts
The sky is amazing he’s the same judge that gave us freedom week magazines thank goodness that we still have some lingering vestiges of constitutional rule

This is just one step in a long legal battle that will hopefully end up at the Supreme Court to strike down this law that does nothing to protect anyone and does everything to make legal gun owners criminals

This is the state of my origin born and bred I want it back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,179 Posts
The sky is amazing he’s the same judge that gave us freedom week magazines thank goodness that we still have some lingering vestiges of constitutional rule

This is just one step in a long legal battle that will hopefully end up at the Supreme Court to strike down this law that does nothing to protect anyone and does everything to make legal gun owners criminals

This is the state of my origin born and bred I want it back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The sky is amazing.
This guy is amazing.

You gotta love Google's Peach!

·
22,975 Posts
Isn't it always interesting when an injunction restores liberty, it is stayed so it can be shot down by a liberal court? Yet, when an injunction defeats liberty, it is in place immediately with no chance for citizens to stop it.
Yeah, well, actually caring about the rules and justice is a serious handicap.

The sky is amazing.
This guy is amazing.

You gotta love Google's Peach!
Scuze me while I kiss this guy...

Reactions: DeltaBravoKS

·
Registered
948 Posts
Yep, gotta luv the "immediate and permanent....BUT"

Done so the judge can say "see, I did what was right but was over-ruled" when it's time for re-election or he decides to run for some other public office....

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
If a conservative ever gets back into the WH this guy needs to be nominated the next time they need a SCOTUS justice. I'm not just saying that because of this ruling. We need the kind of common sense articulated in his opinion in other cases as well.

·
Premium Member
5,179 Posts
If a conservative ever gets back into the WH this guy needs to be nominated the next time they need a SCOTUS justice. I'm not just saying that because of this ruling. We need the kind of common sense articulated in his opinion in other cases as well.
When was the last time a conservative was in the White House?

·
Registered
541 Posts
In an absolute sense, probably never. In a comparative sense, about 7 months ago.

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Good point. Let me rephrase that. The next time a president gets in that wants to nominate originalist justices who think the Constitution means what it says instead of justices who think the Constitution merely means whatever they personally want it to mean.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
I will take any victory we can get in the current climate. The 9th circuit ain't what it was a few years ago, anything can happen.
President Trump had flaws, but he seemed pretty good at picking decent Judges.

·
Registered
541 Posts
What "flaws" are you referring to that are above & beyond what the average person has? He improved our relationships with our nemesis countries, began a peace treaty signing among middle east countries, ramped up the economy, built up the armed forces & their equipment, began to build a border fence, was tough on illegal immigration. If those are flaws then the majority of recent past Presidents are absolute dunces.

Reactions: gunblast
1 - 19 of 19 Posts