Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always liked the look of these guns, but was never able to afford one when they were generally available. They had a bad rep, but from the vids it seems like they were just too complex to load properly and feed problems ensued.

·
8,328 Posts
I have worked on and shot the 50 round 9mm version and the 100 round 22lr version. The 9mm ran fine, with careful loading of the drum ( this was the carbine version ) accuracy at the 25 yard max indoor range was good, but not as good as lets say a sub2k or Ruger PCC. IT is an odd beast and is not really that comfortable to shoot, but worked fine. The 22LR carbine version was just a plain hoot to shoot. Loading 100 rounds of 22lr into that big drum took a long time, then 3 minutes later you were loading a drum again. Once again I had very few malfunctions, no more than is expected for 22lr. I enjoyed the 22lr version better, it felt more balanced, and even after 100 quick rounds the barrel didn't get over warm. Now I did have to serious cleaning, replaced a few springs. Also rebuilt the 22 mag drum. So all in all very cool firearms, but a bit too complicated.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Their only real problem was and is the magazine. They can be fixed, but the cleaning side tends to get neglected and people hated to tear apart the magazines.

Maloy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts