Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As you all know Texas just went though it's driest year and is still not out of a record breaking drought. We have gotten some rain here in Central Texas in the first part of the year. We need more. The Davis Mountains area has a fire now. Mother Nature is truly a wonderment. My daughter took these pics of a cactus and it's flower in the yard. Just thought I would share. Or maybe this seems a little gay. Sorry.:rolleyes:

Attachments

·
32,481 Posts
No,not gay. Just nice looking. I say that in a very low bass voice. :)

We all need a little sunshine in out lives in these hard times.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like Qwiks draw and I are the only ones that are secure enough in our heterosexual identities to appreciate Mother Natures gifts. Don't shoot yourself in the foot.:D

Reactions: smithlock

·
Registered
5,358 Posts
Naw, I wear my pink shirt every once in a while.
E
Nice flowering. I keep planting cactus in my N Carolina home. I see neighboring homes have cactus, so I know it'll work. My problem is the cactus plant itself keeps disappearing. Squirrels??? It isn't a person, because our backyard is always locked....

·
Moderator in Memorium 1940-2014
13,540 Posts
And let us not forget that cactus flowers played a part in "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance".

Good pics.

·
Registered
18,376 Posts
Not gay in the least! Everyone should stop and smell the roses, or admire the beauty of a cactus flower. It's good for the soul!
I live in Fl. and it's a big deal to me to take a MC ride through the orange groves when they are in bloom, the smell is absolutely amazing! How's that for maybe sounding gay! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Post pics of that flower in your hair and I might have to button my mouth not to laugh. But post a pic of a great looking flower in the yard and that's just a nice pic. We are a little dry here in north Florida right now compared to how we usually are. We keep getting just a little bit of rain, but it comes as a thunder storm with lightening bolts. Then we get a fire and the rain isn't enough to come close to putting it out. So I guess things could always be worse.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
The Yellow Rose of Texas

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
I appreciate pictures of flowers. We have a bed of pink and white peonies in our yard that are beautiful and a neighbor has some which are deep red that I would love to get a start from. We have two Lillac bushes one established one and one new one also. Down over the bank going toward the lake we have a patch of lupines and tiger lillies and back in the woods we have a large bunch of pink Lady Slippers growing wild. I would like to move them closer to the yard, but am afraid they might die if I try moving them!

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
We have a cactus in the front yard. No flowers.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I make my living shooting photos like that so I don't think it's gay at all. To me there is nothing better than being on a trail somewhere in the mountains, camera in hand, as the sun is rising with the only sounds provided by Mother Nature. It just doesn't get much better than that.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
I actually appreciate this flower, and there is no lightness in my loafers! :D I posted pics myself of greenery in IA because it came so early this year. Thanks for the pics of this hardy flower!

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
Nice pic. I spent a few days in Waco a couple of months ago and it looked better than it does up here in Lubbock. Any indoor ranges in Waco that are open in the evening?

·
17,581 Posts
I make my living shooting photos like that so I don't think it's gay at all. To me there is nothing better than being on a trail somewhere in the mountains, camera in hand, as the sun is rising with the only sounds provided by Mother Nature. It just doesn't get much better than that.
It could be better, swap "Camera" for "Tracker 992". Just sayin'.

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
Well, now our cactus is blooming.
Not fully open yet.

SN850488.JPG SN850487.JPG

Wonder if anyone is still subscribed?

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Back in the 60's around our way there was a craze for planting mini cacti in old strip light shades, which were put along the inside window sill. It had to be on the inside of the window as this acted like a green house. This was England remember, and we don't exactly have a cactus friendly climate!

·
Super Moderator
26,864 Posts
ANY pics of the beauty of nature are appreciated by me. I like F-4's as well.....but beauty is beauty and always in the eye of the beholder!

Reactions: Wolf1477

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Looks like Qwiks draw and I are the only ones that are secure enough in our heterosexual identities to appreciate Mother Natures gifts. Don't shoot yourself in the foot.:D
Nothing gay about beautiful!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts