Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
35,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have one near you, it may be worth the trip......I bought 2 boxes of 1000 CCI primers that normally retail for $38 per box for $29 per box today.

·
Super Moderator
17,704 Posts
That's pretty good pricing.......... thanks I'll check it out..........

oops........I get them confused with other stores, I ain't driving to Buda.

·
Registered
703 Posts
There isn't a Cabela's in Houston, is there?

Where do you buy your stuff locally? I emailed 10ring to check their prices but they're not much better than what I get locally here. Prices are about the same at the local Gander Mountain. $4/100 primers, $29/lb powder. Gander has very little handgun powders. They also don't advertise their reloading consumables online. For the longest time I wrote them off, until I visited and asked.

·
Super Moderator
17,704 Posts
There isn't a Cabela's in Houston, is there?

Where do you buy your stuff locally? I emailed 10ring to check their prices but they're not much better than what I get locally here. Prices are about the same at the local Gander Mountain. $4/100 primers, $29/lb powder. Gander has very little handgun powders. They also don't advertise their reloading consumables online. For the longest time I wrote them off, until I visited and asked.
Lately I've been buying in bulk at the HGCA gun show. There's one next month. $165 including sales tax for 5,000 Winchester small pistol primers. Doesn't include parking and admission. If you ever want to make a bulk purchase online we can combine our order and save on the shipping/hazmat fees. Anytime your up for it let me know, we'll split the shipping and hazmat on a % of total order basis. Natchez Shooters Supply has pretty good pricing. Cheaper Than Dirt doesn't work, sales tax + hazmat + shipping + sales tax on hazmat and shipping.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
damn prices are high in Texas, i always get primers for $29.99(regular price) and cheaper on sale. that is for 1000 S.P.,L.P.or S.R.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Glenwolde: Thanks for the offer! I appreciate it a lot. Your arrangement sounds good. It gives me an excuse to visit the big city and bright lights. :)

I'll be happy to pre-pay, and perhaps you can hold it until I find time to visit H-town. Powder Valley's prices are not bad too, especially Berry's.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Around here the powder/primer guy at the gun shows has come back down to $28 per K on Winchester primers, so I am buying from him again. It took him longer to come down than places like Powder Valley, so I used them a couple of times until he was reasonable again. You'll need to order 5K or more to spread the hazmat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts