Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Supporting Moderator
5,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
199.95 for a PT111 G2, do not want to ADD to my gun stash.......
Keep my PT111 1st gen, or trade it in for a G2?..........:confused:

Reactions: CaptainMorgan

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
199.95 for a PT111 G2, do not want to ADD to my gun stash.......
Keep my PT111 1st gen, or trade it in for a G2?..........:confused:
That is the price I paid but not at Cabelas. I was going to have them price match and buy a second but they no longer stock them at my store. The continue to advertise them but never have them in stock. The guy said they got 2 in one time and haven't had anymore.
Capture.PNG

Reactions: CaptainMorgan

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
I might have missed something but the cabelas add says 289.99?

I am not a 9mm fan but I regret not getting the 111 G2 when they were $200.

·
32,531 Posts
Add to the collection as it were but keep what you have now.

I always like to have 2 of an example if I can. If one gun get bagged and tagged for evidence then there is another one almost exactly like or exactly like the one in evidence. One gun is gone and no one knows when or if you'll get that gun back. With the second gun you are at least prepared and have a pistol you are familiar with all the way around.

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
I might have missed something but the cabelas add says 289.99?

I am not a 9mm fan but I regret not getting the 111 G2 when they were $200.
May not be too late. Sign up for product arrival notification at KY Gun Co., and check Palmetto State Armory's website often.

·
Supporting Moderator
5,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Add to the collection as it were but keep what you have now.

I always like to have 2 of an example if I can. If one gun get bagged and tagged for evidence then there is another one almost exactly like or exactly like the one in evidence. One gun is gone and no one knows when or if you'll get that gun back. With the second gun you are at least prepared and have a pistol you are familiar with all the way around.
Have the PT111 gen1, the SCCY and the PT92, pretty well covered but just trying to decide if I really
need it for the extra capacity and the features.........

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
I saw one at the Big Fort Worth Gun Show two weeks ago and was very impressed. It was priced at $289 and $269 if you paid cash for it. I'm not a 9mm fan either, but I could become one real fast. ;) :)

·
Banned
5,006 Posts
I walked into my Cabela's last night and picked up mine. It was one of four.

I feel lucky. Nothing I ever want is ever in stock in Cabelas, AND is reasonably priced.

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
The ergonomics alone make the the PT111 G2 better than the gen 1 pt111.......If you handle the G2, you will want it.....It will sell itself!

·
Supporting Moderator
5,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Went to Cabelas today and handled one, not bad, I did take
it apart to have a look at build quality, seemed good. Pulled trigger
a few times in dry fire, not bad..........
Would it replace my PT111 gen 1, don't hold your breath........
G2 is much larger, so I have a day before the sale to make up my mind, but will be keeping
the Gen1 PT111.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
New to the forum and went out today and bought the PT111 G2 from Cabela's ($199.99). Their add said the sale starts on 3/26 but the gun counter fellow said "for you it starts today!". How could I resist? Seems like a well built pistol with a good ergo feel. I read a number of reviews, watched a lot of youtube videos, I'm convinced this is a quality piece.
Looking for a 'born on' date. Does the forum have a tracking service? My first sn digits are: THZ970__

·
22,304 Posts
Nevadabob, you got your PT111 for about what I paid for my TCP! That's awesome!

Oh, and

welcome from New Mexico.JPG

Reactions: SevenMilePete

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
This will be my cc. Just found the born on date chart under FAQ's...December 2014.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Ralph...This was a mailer ad that was sent to my house. I'm not sure if it's meant for national distribution or what. It's about a 25 pager with the usual gamut of clothes, shoes, fishing lures, shotguns, pistols, etc. I received it on Tuesday. The same day I got a mailer from Sportsman's Warehouse and they likewise had the G2 on sale for $199.99. There is also a free NRA membership offer from Taurus. The Taurus website has the details.

Reactions: RalphG2

·
Registered
31 Posts
Had to get to Cabelas a few minutes before they opened in Wichita, KS. Got in at 9 and was out by 9:20. My quess is that what they had in stock was sold by then.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts