Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody tried these? For a .40 cal the website says they are remanufactured ammo with 180gr. fmj bullets. For $93 you get a box of 300, seems like a good deal to me at 31 cents a pop.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
Usually I can find plinking ammo cheaper but beyond price I'd shoot it. A buddy got some one time and I don't recall any trouble. I think we shot the whole pile up in the one session....

Steelheart

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have shot some of this ammo it shot fine but dirty and smokey, you should be able to get WWB 100 packs from walmart for that price or less which just seems to be better ammo to me.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Wow. $1 plus or minus (taxes and shipping) for every three trigger pulls. I've been able to get my 9mm down to $0.15 per shot with the Walmart Winchester White Box 100 round deal. My wife has a Walther P22, and we can get about $0.02 per shot on hers. She sure gets to do a whole lot more shooting than I do.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
I've never used their bulk ammo but I've thought about picking up some in .500 Magnum. If I ever do, I'll let you guys know how it shoots. ;D

·
Registered
178 Posts
This is not meant as derogatory in any manner, but it might be time to consider reloading. For the price of 2 cartons @ $93.00 each you could get set up with a basic reloading setup & become independent. You can also then tailor your loads to your gun. I know this is a factory ammo thread, but this is just a thought. Good shooting. Frank

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I used to do reloading with my dad when I lived at home, but I dont have any equipment here since my folks live on the other side of the country. Until I decide to reload my own stuff and invest in all the equipment, I'll just need to find some cheap ammo to practice with.

·
Registered
846 Posts
You can get 250 Rem. UMC fmj at Acadamy for $50.00

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
texas shooter said:
You can get 250 Rem. UMC fmj at Acadamy for $50.00
That's not too bad, considering what 9mm ball is going for in 2008. Too bad we don't have Academy in KY, at least not that I've ever seen.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I shot a bunch of it while building my brass up, in my PT and 24/7 both, never one problem of any kind !

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Robby said:
Closest Academy sports is in Tennessee
Yeah, I was pretty sure we didn't have any here but wasn't 100% positive. :p I haven't been to TN lately so maybe I should -- and get some bottle rockets while I'm there. Too bad they can't sell the quality fireworks here.

TN gets the goodies and we get the sparklers and those tablets that you set ablaze that then elongate and turn into something resembling a small black snake. :D

texas shooter said:
I shot a bunch of it while building my brass up, in my PT and 24/7 both, never one problem of any kind !
I've used Remington's 9mm in the past but I admit, not too frequently. I've never had any problems with it though when I did use it. Anymore I primarily use Blazer Aluminum & Brass, in that order.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Just brought a box of 300 for the 357. sig for 112.00, WWB is 23.99 a box of fifty plus taxes, and to me the bulk is cleaner than WWB. JG

·
Registered
65 Posts
high5apparatus said:
Wow. $1 plus or minus (taxes and shipping) for every three trigger pulls. I've been able to get my 9mm down to $0.15 per shot with the Walmart Winchester White Box 100 round deal. My wife has a Walther P22, and we can get about $0.02 per shot on hers. She sure gets to do a whole lot more shooting than I do.
Not sure what Walmart you are shopping at, but Winchester White Box 100rd @ Walmart around here for 9mm was $23.xx and $24.xx for my .40 S&W.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts