Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And they had hundreds of boxes. It was Herters. But there is a 5 box limit. I only bought 4 boxes because they still had some .357 left and I needed a box of that, too. Nice to see reasonable prices returning.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
I just checked Cabela's website, and it is not listed as in stock.

What IS listed as in stock AND ON SALE is Herter's 7.62x39 for SKS and AK variants. $5.99/box of 20

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
That just confirms one thing to me, most ammo sellers on my Facebook gun sites are selling .223 steel casing ammo for .60 cents a round before shipping and Cabelas' isn't too far off that with tax. I remember picking it up for $3.99 - $4.99 per 20 last year before the Sandy Hook thing. Looks like we're gonna be stuck with these prices a bit more.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
My cost reloading is $4.20 / 20 rounds using Hornady bullets.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I've purchased ten boxes of 9mm from Cabelas in the past month! Thanks, Cabelas!
This is also a sign that the ammo supply chain is catching up with demand. The hoarders must be running out of room or money, and the profiteers are beginning to feel the effects of more ammo available, especially in stores like Cabelas!

·
Registered
7,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I bought .223 Remington by Herters @ $6.99 each. With my rewards card it was even slightly less. 3 boxes were 55 gr., 1 was 62 gr.

Possible different regions have different sales?

I was just about ready to buy Winchester 5.56 for $12.99 till I saw this stuff. Good luck everyone.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Two things to keep in mind about Herter's:

1. It's made at the same factory that makes Tulammo.

2. Shot to shot, it's more inconsistent than Tulammo.

I bought a case of .223 and x39 last year, and it was OK for plinking, but not stacking.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Yes it is ok for plinking. Cabela's has had Herters 223 in my store several times over the past two months. It is usually on the website just about every other week. It was on the site last week. They had both 55 and 62 gr in FMJ and HP. Actually lasted almost two full days. A new record. Keep an eye on Slickguns.com too. Going thru them I saved a buck a box on 223 and currently they have a buck off Herter's Select 45ACP brass cases $21.99 a box thru slickguns $22.99 if you just go straight thru Cabela's site.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
.223 I'm actually good on although it never hurts to acquire more ammo when you can.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts