Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone have any experience with the Curio and Relic license? It seems very inexpensive $30 and I was wondering how much trouble , invasive it was to get it? I really dont want BATF wandering thru my house like with a FFL. just to be able to by a few antique arms for my own collection so i dont have to go to a gun show and pay inflated prices. any info?

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
My father's had one for many years. As long as what you want is on the list you should be fine. I've also heard of people who got them for a discount at some stores (I think Brownells was one) for having the FFL.

You will still need to keep a Bound Book of some sort.

Steelheart

·
Registered
284 Posts
I've had mine about a year now.  It was pretty easy to get as long as the paperwork is done correctly.

I like the idea of getting a discount from places like MidwayUSA because they give a dealer discount if you have your C&R on file with them.

For a good source of "how to" information go to SURPLUSRIFLESFORUM.COM and look at the "C&R License Related Information" section.  That's what I used and it was GREAT.

Good luck.

Jim

·
Registered
128 Posts
The BATF will have access to your collection (and I'm assuming that will mean your residence) if you get a C & R. I've had one for 16 months or so with no issues and haven't even used it to get discounts or C & R weapons shipped directly to me. The forms are self evident and not particularly invasive. But the bound book forms (which you can find blanks online as templates) have to be set in order if and when they inspect. I've heard the bound book and visual inspection of the weapons is their big deal.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so i take it the would have a full all access pass to every place? not just designated offices or storage multiuse business areas, i dont want em wandring thru like kids bedrooms and the like? not like i have any thing to hide i just think whats in my wifes unmentionables area among other areas in my private home is no bloodys bodys damn business, hell i,m scared to go in her dresser without permission myself .. 8) im not even sure of what i actuallly need it for , just want a few mosens and mausers and such cheap. Damn Call of Duty!!!!! Airsofts looking cheaper every day....

i wish i could actually say what i think, in a rational logical way, without winding up on a watch list.... sigh...

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
TeamZen said:
i wish i could actually say what i think, in a rational logical way, without winding up on a watch list.... sigh...
+1 And I suspect I'm already on a few due to ex-military, carry permit, family in military etc.

I don't know how often the ATF messes with the C&R people. I haven't heard of any but that doesn't mean that it hasn't happened. I'd check on Gunboards.com (don't have any idea which area, there are many) to see how often they bother the C&R guys.

Another option might be to get it and then order all (or most for now) that you want and then let it expire after the first year (or however long they last).

Steelheart

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was At a local Gun Show ( Middle TN ) and the ATF had a booth there. I asked if there were anything I needed to know before applying for a C&R Permit . I was told that since i was in a private residence I would not be granted the permit. I guess unless it was coded for commercial...? he did not explain and seemed like A standard ATF type. no time for the likes of me. so i didn't press the issue.

ahh thank goodness our fine government is there to provide all of these quality services and programs, what would we ever do without all of these fine politicians to create these crystal clear guidelines that follow the wishes THAT OUR FOUNDING FATHERS SET DOWN FOR US SO MANY YEARS AGO, for us poor ignorant helpless simple people, where would we be now?

sigh

1 - 7 of 7 Posts