1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Supporting SuperModerator
14,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
Guess I won't be looking at Air Marshall as a second career.

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Super Moderator
36,086 Posts
I wonder if the pilots qualified to carry have to pass this testing...naw, probably not. :cool:

·
Premium Member
13,118 Posts
I usually do multiple targets and practice speed on a target's center mass, two shots each to three targets.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
From a concealed holster, face a single target at 7 yards. At the start signal, draw and fire one round. Carefully holster and repeat for a total of two single-round strings. The combined time for both strings cannot exceed 3.3 seconds—an average of 1.65 seconds per string.
So does this 3.3 seconds include the reholstering? If so this is very unpractical, and dangerous too. "Careful" would go out the window for some people if the reholster were timed as well.

·
Registered
36,332 Posts
Isn't that the old test?/
I believe that testing process has been changed due to so many NOT being able to attain a passing score?
the new test is a bit easier.
I tell you though there are 3 Sky Marshalls that shoot occasionally at my range and they can flat out shoot!
they have opened up as to being friendly after knowing and talking to them over time.
all discussion began by me asking them so what Federal agency do you work for??
they looked funny at me and asked what makes you think that?
me:
1) the damn way you shoot.
2) a sig sauer pistol.-
3) the 357 sig caliber.
4) the super dark sunglasses you were wearing when you came in--LOL.

·
Registered
36,332 Posts
I usually do multiple targets and practice speed on a target's center mass, two shots each to three targets.
me too!
except I do triple taps--I am paranoid you know!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts