Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
21,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AM I CRAZY?

I just bought/ordered a C.A.I. C93 and it'll be in tomorrow or Thursday! Any of you fine folks own(ed) or shot and what are ya'lls thoughts. I am very very aware of C.A.I's reputation but the price was very good and lets face it the HK is very sexy and this clone is just that, a clone.

I'm expecting to have to do some clean up and I'll keep every one posted on my journey through insanity.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
I'm not familiar with this brand either.

But...when you get it home, if you'll make some photographs and post them here on the forum, I'd be happy to be introduced to the brand. :D

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
I think that's the Spanish version of the HK G3. It's actually called the CETME Modelo B -- a Spanish service rifle. The G3 was based on the Spanish design. The CETME is supposed to be a pretty solid rifle. In addition, the Century Arms version has a American-made receiver and barrel to meet import requirements, Dunham's Sporting Goods used to sell them for under $400, I wish I had bought one at the time....

·
Registered
21,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got a call today as I was leaving work and volia, it's in.

Got it home and stripped it to clean and was surprised that it wasn't as dirty as my PT908 I bought after Christmas. That's 100% not a knock against Taurus, I had just read reviews about how much work had to be done on this gun before operation. Break down was super easy; remove a retaining pin that holds the butt stock in place, remove the recoil spring and bolt, remove the lower and then remove the forend again with a retaining pin. I scrubbed and polished the bolt and ran some patches through the bore and again the bore was surprisingly clean.

Sorry to do this to you guys, but the spousal unit ran off to Austin and took the camera so these are cell phone camera pictures (oh the horror!).

RightSide.jpg
LeftSide.jpg

BONUS! Bayonet!
Bayonnet.jpg

Plan on shooting a couple hundred rounds tomorrow, will report back.

·
Registered
21,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don't take this personally but every time I read a post from chicharrones I have a craving for menudo; can't beat menudo with barbacco tacos. Yeah I'm Texan and love eating that crap!

·
Administrator
18,039 Posts
Looks nice! Let us know how it shoots for you.

CAI Copy/Clone of the H&K HK33/HK93, made from imported surplus rifle kits. Heckler & Koch HK33 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also, here is a review article on your Rifle: http://www.tactical-life.com/online/special-weapons/century-arms-c93-556mm/?right=related

CAI has a mixed reputation, but these days they have cleaned up their act quite a bit. Used to fix their FN FAL copies. Their Romanian AKM's are not too bad, either. The only one I would currently want from them would be their VZ2008/ Czech VZ58. Even if you have to do some Gunsmithing on CAI stuff, it is usually worth it.

http://www.centuryarms.com/

·
Registered
21,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Reactions: chicharrones

·
Registered
21,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've got 100 rounds of 5.56 and 160 of 223. My buddy suggested shooting at least 50 5.56 first to break it ina little, what are ya'll thinking?

·
Banned
5,006 Posts
Here's an indelicate question - how're the welds? We want closeups, and we want them NOW.

I have a Vector Arms V93 - a master BLASTER of a battle rifle! It's accurate, perfectly reliable, and fun as the dickens to shoot. Plus, I had Bill Springfield work on the trigger group and produce a trigger that makes this super shooter a joy to take to the range.

I love my Vector V93. It's what the C93 could aspire to!

·
Registered
21,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here's an indelicate question - how're the welds? We want closeups, and we want them NOW.
There ain't nothing wrong with indelicate questions; I'll get close ups this after noon. The question is: While I'm doing this, what specifically do you want to see in addition to the welds?

·
Registered
21,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm not crazy. This mofo shoots GREAT. I shot 180 rounds with one stove pipe. Only shot at 50 yards due to space constraints but super tight groups. 100 rounds of 5.56 and the rest was 223; I didn't notice any difference between the 2 rounds except the 5.56 casings where much dirtier out of the box than the 223 (5.56 American eagle black box, 223 no name brand, literally). 100 rounds where at targets the other 80 at "fun" stuff; you know, detergent bottles, beer cans, wd-40 cans and a 5 gallon water jug. I really opened up on the larger water jug with some rapid fire and everything just went perfect. We ended the day with some jalapeno hamburgers, just an all around great afternoon in the country with a really great rifle.

·
Administrator
18,039 Posts
I'm not crazy. This mofo shoots GREAT. I shot 180 rounds with one stove pipe. Only shot at 50 yards due to space constraints but super tight groups.
Sweet! :cool: Congratulations! You've got a great Rifle there!

·
Registered
3,227 Posts

I have a Vector Arms V93 - a master BLASTER of a battle rifle! It's accurate, perfectly reliable, and fun as the dickens to shoot. Plus, I had Bill Springfield work on the trigger group and produce a trigger that makes this super shooter a joy to take to the range.

I love my Vector V93. It's what the C93 could aspire to!
Vector arms does make some great guns I have one of their AK47's.

·
Registered
21,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Shot another 120 rounds yesterday and had two stove pipes, however I hadn't cleaned it after the first 180 so I broke it down today and took some pictures of the weld points per the request of rifleshooter. Feast:

P2110605.jpg
P2110611.jpg
P2110610.jpg
P2110609.jpg
P2110607.jpg

·
Registered
21,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just a couple of better quality photo close ups and one of bolt gap
P2110614.jpg
P2110624.jpg
P2110615.jpg
P2110622.jpg

·
Registered
32,083 Posts
Why did you shoot the Jalapeno Hamburgers?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts