Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Previously I made a post regarding a strange round at the range. To summarize it there was a 9MM round in the box of 40S&W I had bought and it was not noticed and inadvertently fired in the 24/7 G2 I have. I emailed them regarding it and I did not hear anything via e-mail so I called BVAC Customer Service and they seemed genuinely concerned and stated that they had never received a call like this before. I simply told them that I have been very happy with their ammo and would like to let them know in case there was something starting to go astray in their system. I also told her that this was the only round out of 500 that was of the wrong caliber. She took all of the info and stated that they would look into it. Later the CS rep emailed me and asked for my mailing address. I thought it may be to look up the order and I gave it to her and informed her that I bought the ammo via CheaperThanDirt. I have not heard anything else from them but yesterday I received a box of 50 40S&W from them. This says a lot since I was not expecting anything from them. I am very pleased with their response and I plan on continuing to use them in the future.

·
Super Moderator
40,407 Posts
Being polite and only stating the facts, always beats threats, exaggerations, and cursing! I like to make companies a wear of minor problems and don't expect anything in return. If I get something it is just a bonus.

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Congrats! Thanks for posting. This is good info to know who the 'stand up' vendors are. I've seen their bulk packs in the catalog, but saw mixed reviews on the web site. This gives me more confidence to order. BTW, were you using FMJ or JHP?? How would you rank it or compare it a name brand box?? Mr. Fish is correct, a diplomatic tact usually works best, and hopefully that just got me some traction in my last phone call to CS, just moments ago.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So far I have only used their FMJ, other than the one issue I identified I have not had any issues. This ammo is not any dirtier than WWB and as far as accuracy goes, I cannot tell a difference between other more costly ones. I plan on grabbing quite a bit more in various calibers over the next few months.

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
So far I have only used their FMJ, other than the one issue I identified I have not had any issues. This ammo is not any dirtier than WWB and as far as accuracy goes, I cannot tell a difference between other more costly ones. I plan on grabbing quite a bit more in various calibers over the next few months.
That is about what I expected. I always take reviews with a grain of salt, I guess that's why we have Tauri. :D I'm gonna grab some 'extra' also. I doubt the zombies will care if it's generic, bulk box. :D

Reactions: Slakev

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is about what I expected. I always take reviews with a grain of salt, I guess that's why we have Tauri. :D I'm gonna grab some 'extra' also. I doubt the zombies will care if it's generic, bulk box. :D
As most state, I would not use it for SD ammo but when it comes to poking holes in paper, it does just fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts