Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend owns a pawnshop/gun store. I check things out once a week and he calls when something interesting comes in. I have told myself that I will sell or trade one when I get anything else. At my age there is really no reason to enlarge the collection. I have guns that are never shot, logic said this was the way to go. Then he handed me one first of the week and said he would bring it by to shoot this weekend. I said that if it shoots good I'll take it. Have looked at what was in the get rid of list. The kid in me screams " Mine, I have it!!!!" like a 2 year old when I get one out to get rid of. I don't have to get rid of one to afford another. I don't want to be out shopping for another safe though. Do not really have anywhere to put an extra safe. Also know that a safe needs guns and that would just be adding gas to the fire. So being the strong willed person I am instead of buying the gun and then needing another safe I'll just buy the safe first.
******* logic is just wonderful. It could go where the refrigerator is, about the same size, no. Maybe where the deep freeze, no. It will fit somewhere.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
It is nice to have a friendly relationship with your LGS / pawn shop owner. Mine is keeping an eye out for a lightly used PT145 for me. ;)

Reactions: TheOldRedneck

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Congrats, I know what you mean, if I keep collecting handguns then I am going to be forced to get another safe as well.

Reactions: TheOldRedneck

·
Registered
356 Posts
Within 6 months of getting our dog, my wife insisted we get a second one. "Dogs are pack animals honey, they need other dog companions." So when she asked why I wanted another gun, I told her "Guns are pack animals honey..."

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Great reasoning!!

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looked at safes, shot the revolver I was interested in, will pass on it. Still do not have a place to put another safe. Time for a good general house and shop cleaning and rearranging. Maybe this week. Was a good day shooting with friends. Enjoy watching someone burn powder in new and old toys about as much as shooting my self.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts