Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering some of your favorite places to get ammo online and since I've never done it, is it a pain in the rear? Are prices better? I'm looking for certain defensive hollow points that for some reason no one in my area carries and was wondering if it's worth ordering online.

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
Reactions: Smokewagon

·
Registered
36,084 Posts
I was wondering some of your favorite places to get ammo online and since I've never done it, is it a pain in the rear? Are prices better? I'm looking for certain defensive hollow points that for some reason no one in my area carries and was wondering if it's worth ordering online.
I use to use Ammo To Go, they have fair prices ,quick shipping and did have a good section.
the key to buying online in my opinion I just like buying reloading supplies!
you need to buy enough to offset the shipping charges, remember that most states you do NOT pay sales tax on your online purchase.
IF you just must have that certain special wonder bullet then thats what you need do.
personally I would look at one of the other modern self defense rounds on the market that are available locally.

Reactions: stickem2 and darbo

·
Registered
4 Posts
Im a big fan of Ammunition Online at Factory Direct Prices | Freedom Munitions | Handgun Ammo & Rifle Ammo Best prices Ive found. Also have a "Brass Buy Back" Program where they will give you purchase credit for the brass you send in and all first time customers get free shipping on their first order. 9mm Luger is 500 Round RN 115gr NEW BRASS usually runs about 101.33.

Check them out. Also pretty clean ammo for the price. Cleaner than Remington Whitebox.

Billy

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
I buy from Cabela's when there's free shipping and a decent sale because I don't get charged tax due to the lack of a store in my state (yet). Just discovered the same is true with Academy in my state. If there isn't free shipping, forget it. Cabela's has been my "go to" due to their points/cash back program. I've memorized their lowest prices by now, and just wait for the sale to roll around. They also have a store close by in another state that I can have shipped free to at any time, but then I have to pay the sales tax. It has been very convenient, and I've never had troubles getting .22lr.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
What is it that you are looking for?!?! There are ammo search engines that CAN be very helpful!

Reactions: oso

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What is it that you are looking for?!?! There are ammo search engines that CAN be very helpful!
I am looking for Federal 124 gr. HST jhp. No LGS around actually carry it. All can order it, but was just curious if it's any better to buy online. I mean, if I can get it cheaper ordering myself versus thru gun shop I would do that. But it doesn't seem cheaper since I don't want to buy in bulk. I live 30+ miles from any Wal mart, and don't get out much Lol. Main reason for wanting to try this ammo is I'm still trying to find ammo that my G2 likes 100%.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
I use SGAmmo out of Oklahoma and also Outdoor Outfitters. They are in Louisiana. Outdoor has free shipping on orders over $200. Tactical Defense had Federal 124 gr. HST the last time I looked. I use 147 gr. HST and I have never had a problem with it...:)

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
I buy from Cabela's when there's free shipping and a decent sale because I don't get charged tax due to the lack of a store in my state (yet). Just discovered the same is true with Academy in my state. If there isn't free shipping, forget it. Cabela's has been my "go to" due to their points/cash back program. I've memorized their lowest prices by now, and just wait for the sale to roll around. They also have a store close by in another state that I can have shipped free to at any time, but then I have to pay the sales tax. It has been very convenient, and I've never had troubles getting .22lr.
That's my spot for the most part. Just ship to store and pick up. Friend got a good deal on 9mm at freedomunitions which I'm looking at now.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
I use SGAmmo out of Oklahoma and also Outdoor Outfitters. They are in Louisiana. Outdoor has free shipping on orders over $200. Tactical Defense had Federal 124 gr. HST the last time I looked. I use 147 gr. HST and I have never had a problem with it...:)
currently out of stock

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
I like Underwood Ammo. They use new components. I have had good results with their .357 Sig, and .38 Super ammo. It is accurate and reliable. I have bought some 9mm and .45 acp but I have not tested it at this time.

http://www.underwoodammo.com/

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
I've ordered several times from midwayusa back when there was nothing on the shelves.

·
Administrator
39,475 Posts
BulkAmmo.com sometimes has good deals. I've used them a time or two.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts

AmmoSeek is very good, I have used this search to buy 45-70. Needed brass but cost of brass might as well buy loaded ammo and then have the brass.

Can someone tell me what the Hell is going on with this forum, takes for ever to post a reply. It's like the keyboard has a mind of its own. I don't have problems anywhere else

·
Registered
12,089 Posts
I have used Bulk Ammo, Ammo to Go, and Raleigh Tactical with some success.

Before you purchase anything check and compare prices at: gunbot.net

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for all the info. Don't think it's worth paying the shipping unless maybe buying in bulk which I'm not doing. So I'll just have LGS order some of the stuff I'm looking for.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts