Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new Taurus 24/7 G2 as a Christmas gift for my son. I took it to the range to check it out. It double-fired 8 times in 100 rounds. Sent it to Taurus for warranty repair last week. It cost me $22 in shipping charges. I checked the status on the warranty repair using the function on the website. It doesn't work. I called Taurus and waited in the queue for 35 minutes before getting a real person. She confirmed they received the weapon, and informed me they are running 4-6 weeks backlog on repairs. I will be giving my son an empty box for Christmas.

Thanks for nothing, Taurus! I could have taken it to a local gunsmith and gotten it repaired for little more than what I paid for shipping, and would likely have gotten it back in 24 hrs. Buyer beware. Taurus is so backed up on warranty repairs that one must wonder if they get anything right the first time. I will not buy another Taurus weapon, and will tell everybody I know about their unique level of service. This sucks!

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
If its new than shipping is free for the first 6 months. As far as the wait well they really don't know. I assume they have to tell you worst case scenario. Its possible you could still get it back in a few days, its happened before. As far as slamming Taurus here you might as well be talking to a brick wall. Now if you are unsatisfied with your purchase I will gladly pay shipping for you to send it my way:D

·
Administrator
35,510 Posts
Taurus, like all other gun manufacturers, is very backlogged right now because of all the new gun sales. If you check around, you'll find that 4-6 weeks is pretty standard for getting a gun repaired.

I'm not sure what you mean by "double-fired". Could you elaborate on this?

If you paid for shipping, and the gun was brand new in box, then shame on you. All you had to do was tell the rep that the gun is less than a year old, and Taurus will send you a shipping label, free of charge. Maybe you should have posted here before sending it in.

·
Banned
5,818 Posts
Looks like another drive by bashing. If you hate Taurus so much why did you join a Taurus forum?

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
Well, sorry you had a bad experience. I don't understand why you had to pay shipping if it was new gun less than 365 days from purchase, they normally pick up the shipping both ways. As for the wait, most of the gun manufactures are backup with repairs at this time, besides the 4-6 weeks is a common response to cover their butts if they do run into problems. And this is almost standard with all manufactures I have dealt with.

It is no problem of mine if you never buy another Taurus again, but to chastise a company based on one encounter is a little narrow minded. You have made an assumption based on no data to support that assumption. I guess you joined this forum just to let off steam and bash Taurus.

I hope you get your sons gun back before Christmas so you both can be happy. Have a nice day.

·
Registered
9,583 Posts
tmccra55 - why did it cost you $22 to ship? Taurus CS will send you a shipping label for free if it was a new firearm so that you can take it to Fed Ex for shipment. I have several pieces that have been down and back recently for different things and while Taurus CS folks say 4-6 weeks as their standard response for turn around, I have found that in actuality, it is much less. It took two weeks earlier this fall for a piece to get back to me, and then most recently over the Thanksgiving holiday even, it only took 3 weeks.

I can certainly understand your frustration; but take a deep breath, hold it for a few seconds, and then slowly exhale. Think about it this way, that firearm you purchased has a lifetime warranty. That means Taurus will take care of it essentially forever. I just received back a 25 year old pistol that I sent down, a PT58. We could not get the slide off. It came back in 3 weeks (because it was over the Thanksgiving holiday!) and they put a new barrel on it, replaced some of the innards, put new grips on it and it shoots better than it ever did before! All it cost me was the 3 weeks I invested time-wise being without it. Pretty darn good, I'd say.

Perhaps you can fill that empty 24/7 box with some ammo for your son and give it to him for Christmas - but we still have a couple of weeks - you never know - your 24/7 might be back in time. Oh - and I find that if I call Taurus CS first thing in the morning, or right before they close for the night, I can get right thru without waiting in a phone cue. The evening hours really are convenient as some folks need to get to work before their phone lines open.

We are here to help you! It may be a bit before you realize that it actually was a very good purchase that you made.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i hope you're right. If the gun arrives before Christmas, then the only thing I got worked up about was Taurus' decision to quote worst case turnaround instead of actual expected turnaround. I was unaware of the shipping coverage by Taurus. I guess that is somewhere in the manual.

it would have been even better if the gun worked as designed before it left the factory. There is no way in hell it was test-fired with ten or more rounds without bump-firing.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I understand your good intentions of firing it before you transferred it as a gift, but in this case, being so close to Christmas, you should have given it to him unfired and dealt with the problem afterwards.

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
By double firing, I mean it bump-fires without intentionally doing so.
I had that happen with a PT-940 a couple of times and I learned it was a problem with MY trigger control. Did anyone else shoot the pistol?

By the way, welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
sorry bro, but this is very drama-ish... I'm sorry you are having a hard time with your new pistol, but these things happen to the best of them.

·
Registered
21,115 Posts
Man, no other company has any problems.... Wait, anyone waiting for a replacement Remmy R51?....

Sent from an undisclosed underground location by fingerless monkeys using TapatalkI

·
Registered
21,115 Posts
Man, no other company has any problems.... Wait, anyone waiting for a replacement Remmy R51?....

Sent from an undisclosed underground location by fingerless monkeys using TapatalkI
I'll answer that. Everyone

Reactions: Cariwine

·
Registered
21,115 Posts
Thanks for that valuable input. I will cherish it always.
It's the small things :icon_ poke:

·
Registered
21,115 Posts
Remington: there is no problem with the model 700 trigger..... Ok, let's recall them but don't call it a recall.... That's been going on since the '70s....

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.