Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here received their free NRA membership and magazine subscription when they bought a Taurus in 2007? I bought a PT145 and a 24/7 and sent my coupon in over a month ago. (I asked for a two year subscription.) I have yet to hear anything back from Taurus or the NRA.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I sent mine in in November and had it in about 30 days. They are already sending me membership dues bills for 2008 ??

·
Registered
846 Posts
Got mine soon also

·
Premium Member
15,932 Posts
Ok, I bought two taurus's during the year, the first started my membership, the 2nd one extended it until 2009. My first one took almost 3 months to become active, and I just got my card and such yesterday, another month after it started.

So if you sent the stuff in, it could be as little as 8 weeks, per the NRA girl in the office there, to as long as 3 months depending on Taurus and the NRA handling.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
where do you find out about this? i bought two a few months ago and did'nt see any coupon, all i had was manual and waranty card.

·
Registered
89 Posts
where do you find out about this? i bought two a few months ago and did'nt see any coupon, all i had was manual and waranty card.
Just print out and fill out the PDF below. You will also will need to send in a copy of your store receipt. I did this about a year ago. took maybe a month and a half (45 days) for the membership card to arrive.

http://www.taurususa.com/pdf/nra2007offer.pdf

·
Registered
89 Posts
I sent mine in in November and had it in about 30 days. They are already sending me membership dues bills for 2008 ??
Check out their FAQ page at : https://www.nramemberservices.org/faq.asp

it says:

Q: I paid for my membership and I am still getting bills. What's going on?
A: In order to make all our mailings as cost-effective as possible, we mail in bulk and prepare these mailings in advance. In some cases, your payment and your next bill will "cross" in the mail. If you have already paid for your membership, please disregard any bills you may receive.
I get a renewal notices every month too.....it's kinda annoying.

·
Premium Member
15,932 Posts
REMEMBER TO ALL!!!

If you bought a new taurus, in 2007 you only have til January 31, 2008 to complete and mail in the form listed above in this thread. Find that old receipt, and get it completed and mailed. If your already a member it extends you membership. I know it extended mine thru the 2009 year.

Who knows if this bargain will ever reappear! Even if you do not care for all of the NRA stuff, it will help the over all cause of firearm ownership, and 2nd amendment rights for all at ZERO COST TO YOU.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
I would like too do it, but my gun was a gift...no reciept :bang:

·
Registered
579 Posts
DB : I have bought several new Taurus guns last year . Send me a PM and I can e-mail a copy of one of mine.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Unfortunately if you recheck the form on above link, it is for the 2008 year not 2007. So has apparently been quickly updated by Taurus, unlike their Website.

·
Premium Member
15,932 Posts
Well, we might be getting someone somewhere to do at least some updating of the site.

If you need the 2007 form, I have it on my computer. PM me with your personal email address and I will send it to you, as I cannot get it to attach to this forum for some reason.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I got mine surprisingly quick after I purchased my 650. I planon buying another gun soon. I don;t think they will give me another membership or extend it though.

·
Premium Member
15,932 Posts
chad_rn said:
I got mine surprisingly quick after I purchased my 650. I planon buying another gun soon. I don;t think they will give me another membership or extend it though.
Oh yes they will!! I bought two the first put my NRA membership until 2008, the 2nd extended it to 2009. So send it in with the new 2008 form that is on the site.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Wow thanks.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Robby said:
Oh yes they will!! I bought two the first put my NRA membership until 2008, the 2nd extended it to 2009. So send it in with the new 2008 form that is on the site.
Followup (I started this thread):
I bought two Taurus handguns on the same day and sent in my paperwork. I asked for a two year membership since I had bought two guns. Today I received my NRA membership card and it expires in December of this year. In other words, Taurus gave me a one year membership for two guns. So, I guess you have to buy your Taurus guns at different times in order to get two years membership. :mad:

·
Premium Member
15,932 Posts
VegasGuy said:
Followup (I started this thread):
I bought two Taurus handguns on the same day and sent in my paperwork. I asked for a two year membership since I had bought two guns. Today I received my NRA membership card and it expires in December of this year. In other words, Taurus gave me a one year membership for two guns. So, I guess you have to buy your Taurus guns at different times in order to get two years membership. :mad:
Have you thought about sending it in again, with a copy of the same receipt. Just black out the top gun on the receipt copy you send in.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I sent mine in 2-weeks ago. Sounds like it doesn't take long to get, good deal. I figured it would take a couple of months when i sent it.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts