Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
I bought an UpLula 2 years ago off eBay for $25 shipped. I like it so much because it works much better than any of the mag loaders included with my pistols. The price is now close to $30 I guess because more and more people like it.

·
Banned
5,006 Posts
My assessment? Meh.

The requirement that the pistol magazine be on a hard surface makes it almost useless in the field, unless there's a table or tree-stump near by.

By a long margin, the best loader I ever had I found - it's an HKS speedloader. I FOUND one and have kept it for years, and it's better than anything else I've tried. I just need to buy one that fits Glock mags and I'll be in great shape.

You want mine? I'll sell it to you for $15 shipped. Let me know.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Bought one yesterday off Amazon for $25 and shipping free (Super Saver Shipping)... i can see that it "should" be useful. I'll let you know what I think.

·
Super Moderator
21,439 Posts
The Uplula is the way to go it will load just about everything. I have them for my autos and 556.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I use one for my 140 pro and like it alot. Yes, you have to have a hard surface to set the mag on, but it sure saves the thumbs!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My assessment? Meh.

The requirement that the pistol magazine be on a hard surface makes it almost useless in the field, unless there's a table or tree-stump near by.

By a long margin, the best loader I ever had I found - it's an HKS speedloader. I FOUND one and have kept it for years, and it's better than anything else I've tried. I just need to buy one that fits Glock mags and I'll be in great shape.

You want mine? I'll sell it to you for $15 shipped. Let me know.
I bought an HKS from Gander Mountain and it did not fix the 10 round magazines correctly. The mags are not long enough. Maybe HKS makes a different one that will work with my 10 round mags but the one I have does not. Thanks for the offer but I'm going to keep looking.

·
Banned
5,006 Posts
I bought an HKS from Gander Mountain and it did not fix the 10 round magazines correctly. The mags are not long enough. Maybe HKS makes a different one that will work with my 10 round mags but the one I have does not. Thanks for the offer but I'm going to keep looking.
I suspect you may have misunderstood me - I meant that I don't care if I keep my UpLULA, which is what I'm offering. I have the HKS and will be buying another that fits my G19 mags.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
I love my UpLula. You will never look for another brand ever again

·
Administrator
17,596 Posts
I love my Uplula Magazine Loaders! Have the Pistol and AR versions.

I shoot IPSC mostly at an indoor Pistol Range, where we have plenty of Tables to use. However, lacking a Table or other Hard Surface, I can place the bottom of a Magazine onto the top of an Ammo Can, fallen Tree, Tree Stump, something.

I did use an HKS Magazine Loader, which I still have, for quite a few years. A good and economic loader if you can't afford an Uplula!

Video for the Uplula:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I suspect you may have misunderstood me - I meant that I don't care if I keep my UpLULA, which is what I'm offering. I have the HKS and will be buying another that fits my G19 mags.
Yes, I did misunderstand. I will take you up on that offer. $15 shipped sounds good. I will PM you.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Hard surface? The hardest surface I use during a class, is the top of my leg. I have loaded all day, with a pocket full of rds, and empty mags, never had a table, or anything to use and I still love my UPLULA???

·
Registered
26 Posts
I bought a Uplula for my 24/7 Pro 45 acp 3 years ago and I love it. I could never load 12 rds. into those mags without it. I used it also for my 9mm's & believe it or not I even use it for the Bersa Thunder 380 that I have. I would not be without it

·
Registered
138 Posts
They're great for high capacity mags, especially at the range when you're reloading mags more than a few times. Very quick and easy.

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Had 2 of the UpLulu one with Butler Creek the orginial sold under the UpLulu name and same thing. I also have one for 22 to 380 also and they work great in my opinion and well worth the money.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts