Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two Ruger 10/22's and an assortment of Ruger factory 10 round, 15 round and 25 round magazines.

It would be great to add a few more 25 round magazines although the Ruger's are usually pretty pricey. Plus reloading the magazines at the range are a pain.

Does anyone have experience with the Butler Creek Steel Lips or Hot Lips magazines?

Is one superior to the other?

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
I have some older Ramline 25 round and new Butler Creek 10 round... they work great. My Butler Creek are Hot Lips. My 10/22 is about 36 years old. It is occasionally ammo sensitive or dirt sensitive.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
I have bought and used the steel lips exclusively, the metal feed lips are what Ruger uses on their magazines, so I considered it best to buy the same for my large capacity 10/22 magazines.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have some older Ramline 25 round and new Butler Creek 10 round... they work great. My Butler Creek are Hot Lips. My 10/22 is about 36 years old. It is occasionally ammo sensitive or dirt sensitive.
I was shooting mostly Federal and Winchester which ran fine through either rifle. I ended the day with some Aquila and had a few ftf which was not a huge surprise. At one point I saw a flame thrower ejected out of the corner of my eye which looked like a small satellite during re-entry. I had to quickly check to be sure my nylon case was not on fire. (LOL).

Reactions: CaptainMorgan

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1 - 6 of 6 Posts